PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo or Spirit of Aloha

Nj genie
11-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Having some trouble deciding, what do you all think?:confused:

HndrdPrcnt
11-04-2007, 10:12 PM
This is a NO BRAINER!!!! Hoop de Doo all the way!! I doubt that you will have even one person who goes in the other direction on this. HDD is the longest running dinner show at Disney and for good reason - good food & great show!!

pogo
11-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree with John..... do HDDR before you do the Luau. :yes:

We enjoyed both but HDDR is much better ! :D

DizneyRox
11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
There are some that like the luau, but I wouldn't go even if you were paying...

You'll find lots more negative feedback on the luau than the Hoop Dee Doo...

Mickey052501
11-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Hoop Dee Doo all the way!!!!!!

goofysbabe
11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
HDDR you'll love it - we did!!!!!

RobWreck
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Here's another vote for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. The Luau CAN be fun and yummy sometimes, but it's hit or miss. The HDD is ALWAYS a GREAT meal and show.
Rob

LandFan
11-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Hoop Dee Doo - no question:thumbsup:
The luau leaves a lot to be desired (according to many - myself included)

Disneypixie513
11-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Hoop Dee Doo all the way! Being 15, i didn't think i would like it too much..I was very wrong..It is a great show and the food is very good :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm another Hoop-Dee-Doo fan :number1:

It was funny, the food was good, and even DH loved it!

We're going back for show #3 this May :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
We saw the Hoop Dee Doo Review in 2001 after a wonderful lady I met on the plane told me about the show on the way to Orlando. We made reservations as soon as we arrived.
That was the most fun we had on the entire trip! My DD was 6 at time and I have never seen her laugh so much in my life.

In 2003 when my father was diagnosed with cancer I brought him and his wife to DW because it is his favorite place to go. (it looks like I got my love of Disney from him)
Believe it or not, that was our first vacation we ever took together. I brought dad to see the Hoop Dee Doo and I have never seen him laugh so much in my life.

So, from 6 years old to 75 years old it looks like everyone loves HDD. You can not go wrong with this show, it is fun and entertaining... and the food is pretty good too!

Tinkerfreak
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
HDD all the way!! I might have said the Luau until I went to it on Thursday night. It was not as good as I remember and the food was nothing special at all, we barely ate anything. I had paid extra for tier 1 seating only to have other peoples kids dancing in front of our table so my DD's could not see. They did announce for parents to please keep children in their seats but apparetly all these parents thought they did not mean their kids. The only time they did not stand in front of our table was when it started to rain and then of course we got wet because the wind was blowing the rain right at us. We really felt like we wasted our money. And not to be politically uncorrect here but one of the dancers was a man dressed up as a woman. At first I thought wow that woman has really big feet and muscular legs but after a few minutes it was obvious it was a man. DH noticed it and made a comment to me about paying $200 to bring his daughters to a drag queen show and that he could have taken them to Vegas. Both of my DD's asked me why that man was dressed as a woman.

mickey&missy
11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
HDD! We haven't done the Luau yet, but we have a ressie for our trip in March. WE wanted to try it as we're staying at Poly this time.

We love HDD! In March it will be our 3rd time. On of first trip with our kids in 05 DS, who was 2 1/2, laughed the entire time!! It was the funniest experience of my life!! Truely! He laughed so hard everyone else laughed! I swear my sides still hurt! We sat in a table in the second row right in the middle. The stage light shined on us, everyone could see him laughing and he made them enjoy the show that much more!!

We took FIL and MIL last year and FIL still raves about it!! Last week I cancelled our ressie at HDD to accomodate the addition of the Pirates and Princesses Party to our trip in March. FIL was terrible upset that he wouldn't get to go to HDD this time. I ended up rearranging a few other things to make room for HDD.

Its a lot of fun!! There really isn't anything like it. They really know how to put on a great show!!

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Go with the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, no doubt. My family didn't love the show, but it's a great tradition and part of Disney history. Everyone should experience it at least once.