PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends...I am NOT obsessed!

rkmemkc
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
A few of my closest friends (and family) do not understand the pull I feel from WDW. So I wrote a little ditty to post on my myspace blog to 'put them in their place' and wanted to share it with my Intercot community. This is the only place I can go and be understood as to why I keep going back to submerge myself in the Magic. Maybe you can share it with someone you know and love, but want to get YOUR point across to. Here it is.
:mickey:
I am not obsessed
You see-
Isn’t there someplace you like to eat often, shop often or vacation to often?
Are you obsessed?
Do you travel to the local beach each and every year? Do you go hiking or camping or boating at the same places…..time after time?
And no one calls you obsessed!
I have been to WDW many times and find something new each time
It’s all in how you look at it
When you pay the bill for my vacation, then you can have some say on where I go….until then, if you can’t say something magical, please don’t say anything at all
I have taken people off the list of who I tell that I am going to WDW AGAIN because of negativity, if I liked to link negativity to my vacations I would travel to the local Presidential Debate and watch the mud slinging.
I choose to surround myself with positive attitudes and Magic. If I find it there then I find it there, it certainly is not in the everyday grind of bad news, politics or controversy. A vacation is supposed to be an escape, is it not?
So let me don my mouse ears and travel to someplace that reminds me of smiles and laughter, memories of my life, my kid’s lives and good stuff in general.
Thanks for reading!!

jodijo
11-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I love it!! I have felt that way many times.
:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-04-2007, 10:41 PM
:thumbsup:

Merryweather
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
It's says it all:mickey:

Magic Smiles
11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
That is terrific. A lot of individuals that I work with should read that! Maybe they would stop saying "Disney World Again!"

BMan62
11-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Even if you ARE obsessed, it is the kind of obsession is positive! I can see no problem with being obsessed with a place that removes all stress, worry, concern, and replaces it with fun, enjoyment, youthful exuberance, etc.

Enjoy your 'obsession' and ignore those who turn their noses up at you for it - they have no youth left in them. And that is truly sad!!

Belle619
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
..they have no youth left in them. And that is truly sad!!

I agree! You can always tell when someone isn't a Disney person because they are the ones who have such a pessimistic outlook on life. They've lost the optimistic, imaginitive, dreamer attitude of a child - which is the essence of Disney.

LauraleeH
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I love it, thanks for posting! I can't believe you are a grown adult and have kids and people actually make comments like that. I am 19 and single and my friends think I'm weird but I always thought that after I get married and have kids, they would understand more. Guess not. Oh well, go have fun and enjoy YOUR vacation! Like you said, if anyone else has a say in it, they better have some money going in it, too ;)

Mrs.Mya
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
AMEN !!! :mickey:

goofysbabe
11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
:music:To my ears! Amen sista!!!!:thumbsup:

ibrowse17
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the club:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Absolutely fabulous!!!!!
:mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

IloveDisney71
11-06-2007, 05:41 PM
:mickey:I LOVE IT! :mickey:

SgtTigger
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
No I am just Obsessed.............

:funny:

:mickey3::chip::dale::minnie:

:cop: :tigger:

LizLovesDiz
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Disney again,what's with you and disney,I don't get it? And my respose is usually you don't have too,just lucky me !!!:thumbsup: :mickey:

Tink#64
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
:exactly:

I hear alot of the same comments, mostly from co-workers. These are the same people that travel to the same beach year after year.

The way I see it, some poeple get it (Disney) and some people don't. It's very sad, but there are those people out there that just aren't Disney people. I agree with you 100 %. I think there are people who can't relax, be happy, look at the "World" through the rose colored glasses with black felt ears attached and enjoy feeling that childlike happiness again!

That's okay, more for us!:mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Very well put!!:thumbsup:

My point would come across something like this....
"dear friends, I am obsessed, deal with it!"
No explanation necessary:mickey:

tomorrowschild
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. Love it!!!!! Why do we have to justify our love for all things Disney?:mickey:

ibrowse17
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
As I am not obsessed either, it is ok that I booked a trip in early Feb before we have even gone on our Dec trip. I have no problems with it, as I am not obsessed:blush:

EeyoresBestFriend
11-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Why does everyone keep saying 'obsessed' like it's a bad thing?!?!:mickey:

I get the same old wheeze at work too - from the people who go to Mexico every year and get drunk for two weeks and need pictures to remember what they did! Go Figure!:confused:

The House of the Mouse for Me!!

jpH/keD
11-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I just tell them there are way sicker people on my discussion boards! lol!:secret: And then I dont feel bad. I am comfortable w/ my sickness and it makes me happy!:) There is so much out there that is negative. A little escape-ism to the World is refreshing and therapeutic for me! I hope when we come home at the end of November I wont be too sad to keep coming online! Your ditty rocks! Be proud!

glenpreece
11-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Fantasmic!!!!!! I Totally Agree!!!!!!

murphy1
11-13-2007, 07:15 AM
I love it, that's great!! I get it worse b/c I grew up an hour away from the mouse and people don't understand why I still go two or sometimes three times in a year. We take shorter trips than most, but that's b/c we are only 7 hrs by car. I tell people "Don't you want your kids to do things you did when you were a kid??" I was lucky enough to grow up in a great place.

DizNee143
11-14-2007, 04:18 PM
very well put!! :thumbsup: