PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Speedway

mulderxcoltrane
11-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Is there an age or height limit for this ride? I'm sure my 2-year-old woud love to ride it with us in December if they'd let him.

LudwigVonDrake
11-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I believe there's only a height limit when it comes to letting kids drive the cars themselves. Your son should be able to sit on your lap and steer :car:

Main Street Jim
11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
That is correct: 52" minimum to drive by yourself; kids under 52" can drive as long as an adult is with them.

No lap-sitting is permitted on the Speedway. You can sit next to them and work the pedals if they're too short to reach them.

Two years old...in my opinion, I would drive, the little one in the middle, and another adult on the other side if possible.

wire0monkey
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
We let our 2 year old son drive in September. He LOVED it.

It was sort of hard on his father's back, though, because he was jerking the wheel all over the place.

brownie
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
My son was 3 when he rode it; I'm lucky I didn't get whiplash from all the side-to-side jolts from his oversteering!

Buttercup
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Yep! I worked the pedals and my 2 year old son got to steer. He LOVED it! Thank goodness 2 year olds can't drive in the real world... we'd all be getting whiplash!!!

NJRRK
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
We let DS13 accompany DNephew3, his back is stronger than mine. But DN3 steered.

ImLovinDisney
11-11-2007, 08:31 AM
When my DS was 2 I had the BEST time I have EVER had on this ride by letting him steer, it was more bumpy and side to side than Triceratops Spin in AK, I laughed so hard I cried,:funny: every CM we passed laughed, and we had so much fun that the couple in front of us could hear me laughing and took several pic.s of my son & I and actually got our e-mail and sent them to us! Only at Disney!:magic: Go for it!! (If you don't mind being "scrambled" )