PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Cheese??

gtpooh
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Hello from WDW! We are here with our 15 month old who loves Grilled cheese! Any idea where I can find it in WDW (sit down or counter)? Thanks!

magicofdisney
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I believe 'Ohana has it. I think most any TS will provide it if you ask. I don't recall which CS has it. I hope you're having fun! :mickey:

Tinkermom
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Most of the table service restaurants can make grilled cheese. Even if it is not on the menu just ask. I have a son who loved grilled cheese and we were able to get it at most places. There are a few restaurants that do not make it though. One that I remember is Coral Reef.

As for counter service, if it is not on the menu they will not be able to make grilled cheese.

Have a great trip!

JPL
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I also remember someone getting one at Beaches and Cream :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
As for counter service, if it is not on the menu they will not be able to make grilled cheese.

Have a great trip!

That's not true at all. It's not on the menu at Pop Century and we serve it. I know for a fact Pop has it because I used to make them...all the time. It's a request-specific item, meaning if you don't ask for it, you won't get it. Ask for it, and they will make it right there on the grill for you. It takes about 5-7 minutes.

Most CS locations will do it upon request. Just like most CS locations will cater to any special dietary needs as long as you ask.

2Epcot
11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
We had someone in a party who wanted grilled cheese on my last trip when we ate at 'Ohana and the chef gladly made it. He also did another special item for another member of our party coming out to the table personally to take the orders.

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't think of a menu offering grilled cheese, but most restaurants can make one. Just talk to the server, or the Cast Member at the counter of a food court, if the chef can put together a basic sandwich.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello from WDW! We are here with our 15 month old who loves Grilled cheese! Any idea where I can find it in WDW (sit down or counter)? Thanks! :) Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are on the kid's menus at the following locations:

Downtown Disney-
Earl of Sandwich
Rainforest Cafe

Animal Kingdom Lodge-
Jiko

Polynesian Resort-
Captain Cook's

Animal Kingdom-Main Park
Rainforest Cafe

Magic Kingdom-
The Plaza Restaurant

Taja
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
That's not true at all. It's not on the menu at Pop Century and we serve it. I know for a fact Pop has it because I used to make them...all the time. It's a request-specific item, meaning if you don't ask for it, you won't get it. Ask for it, and they will make it right there on the grill for you. It takes about 5-7 minutes.

Most CS locations will do it upon request. Just like most CS locations will cater to any special dietary needs as long as you ask.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I don't eat much meat, rarely eat sauces, and I don't like my food mixed together--I know, I sound like a three year old!--and I so wanted a grilled cheese sandwich during my last few visits. Not a chef-centric sandwich (various cheeses and other stuff), just a basic grilled cheese sandwich! Do you think I could find it on the menu anywhere?

I think Disney Dining is forgetting those of us who like very simple food that is prepared well and served nicely. They're too busy with the fussy stuff! *LOL*

We'll be staying at PC during part of our December 2007 WDW visit. Definitely will ask about the grilled cheese sandwich! :)