PDA

View Full Version : Boma?

gtpooh
11-04-2007, 03:12 PM
How is Boma? What are the options like? If we too a 3+2 reservation for 5 people, what are the chances of us sitting together? We' would be going with a 15 month old....

Thanks!

magicofdisney
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
It's a buffet with a wide variety of options. We love it but some don't care for it. You may be surprised how much you end up enjoying the selections. They have lots of large tables for bigger groups. I'd think they'd be able to accomodate your group, but you may have to wait a little longer. Enjoy! :mickey:

SBETigg
11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Boma is amazing, really good. We're a family not fond of buffets, in general, but we all loved the food at Boma. The soups, all incredible. The selection of food, varied. There is a section of more familiar, Americanized foods like mac n cheese and chicken nuggets for the non-adventurous. For us, there were just too many good things to try and we filled up before we could get to everything, but everything was good quality and well worth trying.

The atmosphere is very cafeteria-esque. Lots of seating, many tables in a large area with some decorative accents but the emphasis is more on providing seating and access to the buffet than it is on decor. I'm not sure how you'll do but if you need a spot for five and made the reservation accordingly, chances are good. If they told you that you had to divide into two groups of three and two, maybe not as good but probably doable with a slightly longer wait. They seem eager to accommodate. Best wishes and enjoy!

azdisneymom
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
You will enjoy Boma. You have got to try the Prime Rib with their spicy mustard sauce. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Every single time I have gone I have seen large groups. You should not run into any problems at all.

BTW - If you find something you really love ask your server if you can have the recipe. That spicy mustard sauce is now a part of our family holiday menu.

mickeysworld
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Have to agree with everyone regarding all the yummy offerings at Boma, be sure to try the soups, they are so good! As for seating, we were in a similar situation this September, during free dining, we were a party of 7 with one of us being a 14 month old. When I made our ADR they said they would have to split us up but to check in a few minutes early and they would do the best they could to seat us together. Of course we ended up running late, checked in right at our scheduled time instead of early, we waited a few minutes and they seated us all together at one large table!

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Boma is delicious, and I completely agree about the soups. I could have an entire meal just sampling the few soups offered nightly. The rest of the buffet isn't too shabby, either. Boma is arguably the best family restaurant in Walt Disney World.

Why would you make two separate reservations? I travel with a party of five virtually every trip, and we've never had trouble securing a table for everybody at Boma.

tennantsrwe
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
BOMA...yum! We ate there for the first time in Dec 05 and really enjoyed it. As you know it is a buffet. I think it has a good selection for all palates. There are the run of the mill American favorites and also some very ethnic dishes. It's a great place to go if you want to try something different, but still have the old faithful foods to fall back on. THE DESERT IS GREAT! We loved their desert bar, they have some sort of zebra cake thing that was awesome. Groups are welcome, we saw a few large groups on our visit and they were accommodated very well. And as for the infant, they'll do fine there, too!

MsMin
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm not a huge fan here. My kids liked it but I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. I'm not a fan of big buffets and for example my Chicken pepper soup had a tad too much corn starch for my liking. I don't like soup that wiggles like jello. The flavor was good but many flavors I did not enjoy b/c I'm not a fan of cinnamon or raisins with my chicken. Even the prime rib had some spices that I would prefer left off. I think the biggest disappointment was that I couldn't fall back on the Prime rib b/c even that had unusual spices.
The desserts were excellent. I loved the zebra domes and left full but only felt like I sampled dozens of things and nothing I truly "loved"
and I'm not going to a buffet to eat the chicken nuggets and Mac n cheese. It does have variety.
I too would make one reservation. If your ADR is during a very busy time they may be too swamped to try to meet your needs. Try to book a table for 5.

mousetrapper
11-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm here to confirm that Boma's is awesome. The dining area is pretty big and the food selection is extensive. Everything is delicious. I just put a bite or two of as many of the dishes that look appealing on my plate so I can sample and not get too full from one thing!

I've said before that we first tried Boma's when our DDs were 8 & 5, and they've demanded we eat there every trip since.

And yes, the zebra domes are as delicious as everyone says they are!

We also come a little early just to explore the gorgeous AKL lobby and sit in the bar area to have a drink; and stay after dinner to look around the shops. The atmosphere just can't be beat.

Mikey Piano 23
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Great food! I think this is the best and unique buffet meal in WDW. There is something for everyone. The service is very nice and you can enjoy a drink in the bar right above it until your table is called. Good stuff. I go every time we are in WDW.