PDA

View Full Version : Park after cruise?

jodijo
11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
We have a very late flight on the day we disembark from our cruise. I was thinking of going back to MK before we fly out. I am not sure what to do about transportation. My thought was to rent a car and drive to the TTC. Then, we could just drive from Mk to the airport. If we do this, we would have a place to keep our luggage for the day. However, my husband does not like the idea of renting a car.

If we don't rent a car, do we have any other options? I thought of a town-car service but what would we do with our luggage?

Help please!!!!

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Depending on what airline you are flying home, you may be able to check your bags in at port, just as DME passengers do at their hotels:

Disney Cruise Line Announces
Onboard Airline Check-in Service

CELEBRATION, Fla. -- Disney Cruise Line strives to offer guests a hassle-free vacation experience by providing extra services, such as Disney's Magical Express, that help eliminate some of the stresses of family travel. And beginning this fall, select guests sailing with Disney Cruise Line will find their vacation experience has been made even easier with the introduction of Onboard Airline Check-In. This new service will allow qualified guests to check-in for their post-cruise flights while on board the Disney Magic or Disney Wonder, eliminating the need to do so at Orlando International Airport.

Guests participating in Onboard Airline Check-In will enjoy the ease and convenience of not having to collect their luggage upon debarkation--checked luggage will be transported directly from the ship to the guest's flight. While on their cruise, guests' boarding passes will be delivered to their staterooms the day prior to disembarkation. Upon the ship's return to Port Canaveral, participating guests can proceed directly to Customs and then to Orlando International Airport where they bypass check-in and continue straight to airport security and on to their assigned departure gate.

In order to take advantage of this service, guests will need to meet certain requirements and be booked on a domestic flight on one of the seven participating air carriers: AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, or United Airlines/Ted. Eligible guests will be able to enroll for Onboard Airline Check-in by completing pre-registration information received at Orlando International Airport or one of the Disney Cruise Line Hospitality Desks at the Walt Disney World Resort and turning it in during check-in at Port Canaveral.

To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation, guests can contact their travel agent, visit disneycruise.com or call Disney Cruise Line at (888) DCL-2500. Travel agents can call Disney Cruise Line at (888) 325-2500 or visit disneytravelagents.com.

You can find this press release (http://www.dclnews.com/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?PressReleaseID=108100) on the Disney Cruise Line site.

You'd still have your carry-on bags with you, but you can always put them in a locker at WDW. I can understand your DH's not wanting to rent a car, but it's probably the most cost-effective alternative.

jodijo
11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks so much!