PDA

View Full Version : MK busiest days vs. EMH

sara825
11-04-2007, 11:27 AM
What is typically busier: Mondays at the Magic Kingdom or the days with morning EMH?

We are going May 18-25. MK has EMH Sunday night and Tuesday morning. Would it be a good idea to go on Monday? Also, I want to plan the whole day there and not park hop. Thanks for any help!!

DisFan01
11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Most of the time, any EMH is less crowded than a regular day. You could go to MK Sunday, and stay for the EMH at night, which in my opinion is better than going without any EMH.

SBETigg
11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
The days with EMH at MK are incredibly crowded, on par if not more crowded than the traditionally most crowded days. The morning EMH themselves are not bad and you can get a lot done, but the park becomes very crowded by ten am. Similarly, the park is crowded on evening EMH days but after regular hours end, the park becomes increasingly less crowded. If I had the time to play around with, I would avoid morning EMH days and Mondays at MK. But, if time was short, I would just go and make the best of it with Fastpass and planning a strategy in advance.

princessM0m
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I've done evening EMH at MK last December and just this past Sunday. Both times we had little to no wait for rides like POTC, HM, Splash, BTMRR, and Space Mtn. Even the line for Peter Pan was way shorter than it usually is. We arrive in the morning and do Adventureland and Frontierland, go to one of the nearby hotels for a late lunch, and then come back to re-do Adventureland and Frontierland, and then all the rest. It always works out very well for us.

PirateLover
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
It's really hard to say. From reading these responses, it is obvious that there is no real pattern here. On our last two trips, we found in general that morning EMH wasn't too bad, but evening EMH especially at MK was incredibly crowded. In fact, on a day this past May we were in MK the whole day and mostly everything was walk-on or 5-10 minute wait. As the night progressed the lines got longer and crowds got larger. With EMH that day I believe the park was to close at 1am. We figured we would wait it out and crowds would thin as the evening went on and parents took their little ones to bed. Boy were we wrong! At about 11:45 there was a 45 min wait for Buzz! Crowds were still enormous. Space Mountain was posted at 70 mins I believe. Peter Pan was about an hour. Saw lots of children asleep in strollers and also lots of cranky children. We just decided to pack it in and call it a night.
So I guess what I'm saying is... you can't really plan around EMH any more as the experiences really differ. Just go with what works best for you and you'll have a great time.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I have done it both ways... It has gone from extremely crowded to not so much... It really depends. I know not great for trying to actually plan out a day. Sorry...

Personally, morning EMH was actually very nice. Cool, not so crazy, walk-on to rides, etc.

On the other hand, night EMH is nice to watch Wishes and not feel like you are being ushered out like cattle...