PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Golf Cards At Fort Wilderness

Butchiem1
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
My family and I will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins for our anual trip to Walt Disney World January 17th, 2008 for 4 nights. My family consists of Me, DW, DS11, DS9, DD 2 1/2, DS 8months.

I have stayed there before with my 2 older DSs, and we rented the Golf Cart and loved it.

DW is having second thoughts about Renting the Golf Cart because of our little one, shes worried about the speed of the cart. Does anone know how fast the cart goes, I dont think its that fast and I dont think it will be much of a problem, but I figured if I found out the speed, I can tell DW and ease her mind.

Thanks a ton

Nathan

ibrowse17
11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, I can tell you it is not very much. I would guess the carts would hit around 20 MPH wide open, and that would be with a full charge going down hill in a hurricane. Speed would not be a concern for me, and I have seen many smaller childeren on the carts before. Get one and enjoy the freedom they bring:thumbsup:

jennsky
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
As long as someone is sitting beside the child and they are sitting still and behaving, the golf carts shouldn't be a problem for them. When I was there last April, we rented two for the group of 11 of us, and that included two infants, a 2 year old and a 3 year old, and we felt it was safe for them (assuming of course they aren't horsing around!)