PDA

View Full Version : Experience in late January/early Feb.

Evan52
11-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, I have been planning my first vacation to Disneyland for a few months now and I think I may have finally decided on a date. I was thinking going Jan.27-Feb.3.

My concern is, are there likely to be a lot of ride closures/rehabs during this time period? Since this will be my first trip to Disneyland I really would like to see as many rides as possible.

Would March/April be better to visit regarding ride closures/rehabs? If so, how is the weather usually in March/April?

I guess at this point I'm looking to visit Disneyland for the first time some time between Jan-April 2008. What would be a good time to visit during these months ride-wise and crowd-wise?

Just thought I'd see if some of you could advise me.

Thanks!

NotaGeek
11-04-2007, 02:11 AM
There will most definitively be rides down for refurb and Haunted Mansion and Small World will be down to remove their holiday overlays (and Small World will be down until next November for a MAJOR refunb). There is a really good Month by Month guide in Vacation planning (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765), it will give you great insight for planning your trip. And a Month by Month Weather guide in Vacation planning (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115888) as well. I am sending this over to the Vacation Planning forum, no doubt you will get some good insights.

tinkwest
11-04-2007, 12:34 PM
As of today, it looks like only it's a small world and Jungle Cruise would be closed at Disneyland during a 01/27-02/03 stay. (You might be able to catch a ride on the cruise if you do it on your first day). And over at DCA, Monsters Inc. would still be undergoing refurbishment.

Not many blockout dates for AP holders during this time so you may have some local crowding, especially during the weekend. But since most of your visit would be during the week, between two holidays (Martin Luther King in mid-January & Presidents' Day during mid-February) I think the crowds will be minimal.