PDA

View Full Version : # of campsite?

FWcamper
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM
This is my first post, but I have been to FW many times. I was just wondering if anyone knows how many campsites are at FW and if they have land to build more.

Figaro
11-04-2007, 01:45 AM
There are many many many campsites, and they have plenty of room to expand. :thumbsup: The Fort is huge! I don't know the exact number of campsites, but I'll venture to guess it's probably like 200+

gerald72
11-04-2007, 01:14 AM
784 campsites, 409 cabins

ibrowse17
11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I think they could add another loop in the area east of the Meadows Trading Post, between the 300 and 1500 loops. Not sure if they would, but that would be one place they could build:thumbsup:

FWcamper
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I know they would charge more, but I wish they would build some wider sites. It is tight with a long camper with slideouts on each side.

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I know they would charge more, but I wish they would build some wider sites. It is tight with a long camper with slideouts on each side.

1) There are no plans to build more or bigger sites.
2) The campground fills to capacity frequently.
3) Thus, there is no need.
4) As far as space into which they can expand.
5) There really is not that much extra land available.
. . . South - Vista Blvd
. . . East - Osprey Ridge golf course
. . . North - Bay Lake
. . . West by NW - Wilderness Lodge property
. . . West by SW - road, STOL airport

NOTE: There are a couple of pull-thru sites, but there is just not the ability to build many more. They have to have the right angles and access, and the campground roads were not originally designed for such. Slide-outs are nice, but most people have non-slide-out units.