PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find creme brulee??

ljv1975
11-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I have been scouring menus from all of the parks and resorts and I haven't been able to find creme brulee on any of the dessert menus! Does anyone know where it may be available? Thanks!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I had the coffee two ways dessert at Artists' Point, and half of that dessert was coffee creme brulee (and delicious!!!) I have seen creme brulee mentioned in several recent trip reports, so I am sure someone will give you other recommendations soon!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not positive....but I *think* the France Pavilion at Epcot might have it. They have a pastry shop that's kinda hidden in the back area by the film and I think I've seen it there before but I'm not positive. So maybe someone else whose visited that area more than I have can verify?

WheresWalt
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Chef de France in EPCOT has a lovely "Vanilla Creme Brulee served with a Madeleine." The little quick eats spot in France, Boulangerie Patisserie, also has personal creme brulees. :mickey:

lovetheprincesses
11-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Le Cellier has a nice maple creme brulee.

VAdizneefan
11-03-2007, 09:29 PM
You can get it at Wolfgang Puck Express in the Downtown Disney Marketplace too.

tundramom
11-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Spoodles and Le Cellier:mickey:

Pirate Granny
11-03-2007, 10:03 PM
My very favorite, but not vanilla is Pistachio Creme Brulee with layered chocolate bottom which is served at Jiko at the AKL...we go just for dessert...WONDERFUL...

The other brulee's mentioned are also good, but nothing compared to this unusual brulee.

ENJOY
:pirate:

disneydeb
11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
My 2 Creme Brulee's were served at Mama Meroses and LeCellier. Both were good but I give the edge to Mama Melroses.

IloveDisney71
11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I've had the one at LeCellier. It was very tasty. I get it every time I go.

magicofdisney
11-04-2007, 08:36 AM
I think I got some at Coral Reef last year and maybe Tony's. It was at one (possibly both) of those but I can't remember for sure. Hopefully someone can verify this. :mickey:

Hammer
11-04-2007, 09:41 AM
You are in luck! Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts :tasty:, so I (or my sister) tend to eat it a few times while at WDW. We had creme Brulee at Wolfgang Puck Café our first night. The creme brulee was okay, but had a bit too much egg, making the consistency almost like a flan. We had Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee at Le Cellier on our last night and it was much better. For those who are looking for the maple creme brulee, they alternate between the maple and the vanilla bean.

Past trips we've had traditional creme brulee at Les Chefs De France(very good), California Grill (good),Grand Floridian Café (good) and the coffee creme brulee at Artist point (different, but good).

HndrdPrcnt
11-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Creme Brulee is also on the dessert menu at Concourse Grille and it was quite good there. We also enjoyed it at California Grill as well. Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
11-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Tony's has a great pistachio creme brulee, and Narcossee's has a key lime creme brulee. Kona Cafe used to have one with bananas. I notice is no longer on the menu.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I'll be having it at Chef De France on the 16th. 3 days til my husband and myself head to DW for our 11 day magical trip!:eat:

Tinkerfreak
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Le Cellier has a nice maple creme brulee.

Just had this Wednesday night and it was to die for. The best dessert I have ever had. I wanted to go back again for it.

Mickey'sGirl
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Kona has a banana one -- :thumbsup:
The Brown Derby has one of the best I've ever had :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You will have no trouble finding Creme Brulee.

poeticeclipse
11-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Le Cellier!!

In May, my husband had the creme brulee and he LOVED it. They do half and half. Half vanilla bean and half maple. It's wonderful! Just try it!

tinkerbell04
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
I have found creme brulee readily available at WDW! I try to have it at least once a day while I am on vacation. I know that the following places are recommended by personal experience for table service:
Le Cellier
Yacht Club galley
Concourse
Kona
Wolfgang Puck's
Brown Derby
Chef's de France
Tony's
Spoodles

I have also had it with counter service at Sunshine Seasons and Wolfgang Puck Express, both were very good for counter service!

Some of these were flavored creme brulee's but I liked them all. :mickey:

wonderalice23
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I even had one at the Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. It was delicious and I can't believe I couldn't finish it! Have fun!

beksy
11-08-2007, 09:43 AM
ok, this is probably a stupid question, but what is a creme brulee? We don't have them around here (at least I don't think!) and I want to know if it's something I should give a try on our trip! :blush: TIA

mousetrapper
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
ok, this is probably a stupid question, but what is a creme brulee? We don't have them around here (at least I don't think!) and I want to know if it's something I should give a try on our trip! :blush: TIA

Creme Brulee is a delicious French custardy dessert made with sugar, eggs, cream and usually vanilla. The custard is poured into individual ramekins (small dessert cups) and baked in a bain Marie (sp?) - water bath - so it doesn't dry out. When they're done, you sprinkle sugar over top and literally torch it to carmelize it, so there's this delightful crackly glaze you have to break through to get to the silky smooth custard beneath.

Can you tell I don't care for it at all? ;)

If you've ever had Mexican flan or good old American baked custard, it's similar to those, with the addition of the hardened carmelized glaze.

I also heard there is a blueberry one somewhere in WDW...is that at Brown Derby maybe?

mousetrapper
11-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I guess it's "caramelized" not "carmelized"....!
:blush:

Jared
11-08-2007, 02:49 PM
You definitely want to try it! Lots of Disney restaurants offer crème brûlée, including Les Chefs de France and Le Cellier.

:tasty: