PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with Wolfgang Puck!

beksy
11-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I've never visited DTD before but plan to make up for it on my next trip--yes, my bank account is cringing already in anticipation! :spend: I know we'll be eating some meals there and definitely want to try the Earl of Sandwich for one. I have been thinking about Wolfgang Pucks for another but am really confused. It seems like there are 3 restaurants with his name in them? Is this right? :confused: What are the differences and which would you all recommend? We don't really need another TS meal, but I don't want to miss out on something outstanding either! Thanks for your help! :eat:
:goofy:

Meteora
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
The Wolfgang Puck dining room and cafe are housed in the same building on different floors. The dining room food is fancier and the prices reflect that. The cafe is fun, but our experiences there have been very inconsistent; in the past the food has been great, but on our trip two years ago it was just okay, and on our last trip last year it was just not good at all and service was awful. The cafe is less expensive than the diningroom, but still pricey, so if the food isn't great, it isn't worth it, in our opinion. Supposedly the sushi bar is good, if you like sushi.

We've never been to the diningroom, so I can't comment on that.

Wolfgang Puck Express is basically an upscale fast-food place in a different location from the other two. The food is better than your regular McDonalds, but also more expensive.

I would check out the menu for each place and decide what looks best to you. Just keep in mind that while the food might be great, there are definitely off days.

Earl of Sandwich is fabulous. I will also recommend Ghirardelli if you're looking for a spot of dessert. Yum.

wonderalice23
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I have only been to WP Express, and I love it! Last time I had the 4-Cheese macaroni, it was wonderful - another favorite is the Cheese Quesadilla and don't forget the garlic mashed potatoes.....now I'm hungry!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
11-03-2007, 02:25 PM
We've yet to make it over to visit the Cafe or Dining Room, but Wolfgang Puck Express is our favorite place to eat at DTD (I must admit that I have little patience for waiting on line at Earl of Sandwich, plus I know the great quality that's waiting for us at WPE).

We've had a wide variety of what they offer and everything has been wonderful. :thumbsup:

They're a bit on the pricey side, but I'm not ordering a #3 from McD's. This is quality food at a decent price. And many portions are quite large and can easily be shared. If you're on the Dining Plan, this is an ideal place to eat.

illini
11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
If you don't want/need another table service, I *highly* recommend WPE. If you're on the DDP, it counts as a counter service and is an excellent value. This is our favorite counter service in all of WDW. Excellent quality, great variety. Yes, it's more than McDs or EofS, but the quality is much higher, too.
Do not pass this up!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-03-2007, 11:51 PM
WG Express was much better than I expected and we could use our counter service for this meal (on the dining plan). Well worth the price.

pixiegoose
11-04-2007, 12:42 PM
We ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on our trip in September. We LOVED it! Service was great and food was amazing. If you're on the DDP, it's well worth the table service credit. Even if you're not on the DDP, I think it's worth the money to try it out (at least for the entrees- the appetizers and desserts were great but my pumpkin ravioli was my favorite!). We plan on going again, even if we don't end up using the DDP and have to pay out of pocket.

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2007, 12:43 PM
1) Want more confusion?
2) Wolfgang Puck's is not owned by Wolfgang Puck.
3) He owns the Wolfgang Puck's EVERYWHERE ELSE.
4) But, he sold the WP's at Disney.

NOTE: Both Wolfgang Puck's and Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney are no longer part of their respective chains. They have been sold off to other non-Disney food companies.