PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Tree Lighting Treat

billandlaura
11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
We will be @ WDW from 12/15-18. We are cramming in as much as possible. What is the tree lighting event in Epcot? Is it worth going out of the way for?

faline
11-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I have enjoyed it but with such a short trip, you might not want to take time out for it. I guess it will depend upon what you want to accomplish during your trip.

DestinationWDW
11-03-2007, 10:13 AM
We saw it last year for the first time. It is a cute show that we all enjoyed (children 11, 8, and 3). Show was not that long, but area became very congested and hard to manuver in! But as Faline said, with a short trip....if you are "in the area" at the time and can catch it try to see it, but I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if I missed it! Have a great trip.

teambricker04
11-03-2007, 10:30 AM
We wanted to see it last year on a long weekend, but by the time we got over there it was PACKED. I was pregnant and didn't want to stand in the mob, so we stood behind the tree, off to one side. Our DS was so pooped out by then he was just relaxing in his stroller and didn't care if he could see or not. It turned out we had some of the best views! We could see part of the show. It was like watching from the wings! Plus, the characters come on a bus. They are dancing to holiday music and hop off the double decker to do the show. It just so happened we were right were the bus stops! So we got up close to all the characters and they even came over by our DS to wave at him as they went on stage. At the end they all paraded right back past us. It was WAY better than standing in a crowd!!! AND... we could see the tree better too.

Long story short... I recommend trying to stand BEHIND the tree :mickey: