PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons Opinions

tennantsrwe
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey all.
We're taking a trip to WDW in mid~December and have already made our ADRs. The only one I'm not too sure about is Nine Dragons. I personally like Chinese food and the menu looked pretty appealing. However, we tried Teppenyaki in 2005 and were really disapointed, the food was very bland. (yes I know Teppenyaki is Japanese, lol) Any opinions on the food, service, etc at Nine Dragons? It's too late to change the ressies so we're going, just wanted the scoop! Thanks for all the info!

JPL
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I am not a fan of Nine Dragons. I get better chinese from the take-out place up the street from my house for about 1/3 of the price

brogan54
11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
dh and myself ate there this past september and were very surprisd at how good it was. there was lots of choice and what we ate was excellent. it was the only thing open for adr at the time we wanted. but i have to say i would eat there again on our next trip. hope this helps.:mickey:

Jared
11-02-2007, 11:59 PM
I am not a fan of Nine Dragons. I get better chinese from the take-out place up the street from my house for about 1/3 of the price
My sentiments exactly. I couldn't agree more. We tried Nine Dragons once and won't return.

MCFantasia
11-03-2007, 06:28 AM
I like Nine Dragons. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it is very good... one of my top two Chinese eateries of all time. You may be able to get similar food for a fraction of the price near your house but you could say that about virtually any Disney restaurant. I encourage you to keep your ADR... you'll enjoy it.

tennantsrwe
11-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who has posted a reply. I really appreciate the input! I figured the food would be very similar to what we have at our local take out place, but I like that. And yes, I know it's way more expensive....but so is a burger and fries in WDW. I think it's definitley worth a try and since we know what to expect, I'm excited! I'll do an 'official' reveiw after our trip to pass on my opinon, too. THANKS again, you guys are great! :number1:

EeyoresBestFriend
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
We've eaten there several times and the food is very tasty and, yes, rather pricey (welcome to Disney!!). :shrug:
My only recommendation is to order more than one dish - if you can two or three - it gives a nice variety and share. When we went with friends last time, they each ordered one dish, because of the prices, and were not very impressed. We ordered 4 between three of us and came away from the meal full and with a nice sampling of everything.(And splitting the bill three ways made it easier too):thumbsup:

SurferStitch
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
DH and I love Nine Dragons.

The quality is above par, as is the service. We've always had very friendly and efficient servers who know the menu very well.

The dim sum is excellent (can't get it at any of our local Chinese restaurants...at least anything near the same quality). The main courses are a step up from a corner Chinese joint. Presentation is lovely, portions are large, and the quality is top notch.

I would hope that a place like Nine Dragons would cost more than my local Chinese joint. They have a huge (and gorgeous) restaurant to maintain, plus a large serving staff and, oh yeah....IT'S IN DISNEY WORLD. Everything costs more here!

I can't wait to go there next month!

Sinewiz
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
The food at Nine Dragons is just fine though I don't know if it's that much better than your local establishment. But to make the price comparion to the place up the street is just not fair. As stated, one is up the street and the other is at Disney World. Everything at Disney is more expensive than the place up the street. ;)

goofysbabe
11-08-2007, 01:46 PM
We liked Nine Dragons. We thought the food was very good and really like the atmostphere. Our service was excellent (very nice & efficient). We had the Lunch Sampler for 4 and then tried the red bean ice cream which we all thought was very taste. If you like chinese food I think you ought to give it a try.