PDA

View Full Version : Kali River Rapids

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
:whale::snowball: Our next trip will be in late December and I was wondering if you get really wet riding Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom. I really don't want to lug around extra clothes but promised my son we would ride this one next trip. I'm sure if we get too drenched we will be freezing if we don't change.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
You can get "soaked to your skivies" wet on Kali River Rapids. It is very random. Some people come off the ride almost bone dry and others will look like they just went swimming in their clothes. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I wonder if I could just carry a rain poncho, would that keep us dry?

SignguyTom
11-02-2007, 04:14 PM
It would probably be easier to carry some emergency rain ponchos (about a buck or so at WalMart). You still may get a little wet, but not wet enough for new clothes. Just pitch the ponchos when you are done with them, or give them to somebody else to use...:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Yes, you can get very, very wet....but that's the fun of it!!!!!!!!! :thedolls: I have seen, many times, people wearing rain poncho's. We just opt to get wet, we have to get the full attraction experience...:mickey:

Narawen
11-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I used a poncho on the ride last time and got a little damp under the poncho (it ended at my knees, and i got a little damp on my calves but otherwise i was fine). If it hadn't of been for that, I would have been soaked.

SurferStitch
11-02-2007, 04:29 PM
DH and I got soaked waaaay beyond our skivies. I literally dripped water for a couple hours after we rode it. We were on the side of the raft that hits the bottom of the big drop first (random), so we had a huge wall of water come down on us. I was miserable in my denim shorts and (turned sheer from being wet) white cotton top. Water just kept dribbling down my legs for hours. It was a hot and sunny day, and we still didn't begin to dry off to a comfortable level.

The second time we rode, we got pretty wet, but not like the first time.

We don't ride it anymore. I hate getting wet on rides, and we got nailed both times we rode it. That's enough for me.

LudwigVonDrake
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
In July, I rode Kali and I got DRENCHED! I ended up going to back to the Hotel to change because it was an overcast day and I wasn't drying as fast I would have liked to :swim:

Stormer
11-02-2007, 04:42 PM
If you ride, remember to keep your feet up on the bar or your sneakers will get soaked!

WishingStar2006
11-02-2007, 05:59 PM
and even with a poncho your can get soaked as the water sometimes comes up and over and lands at your back, on the seat....of course if you sit on your poncho...that probably would work....but half of the fun is the anticipation of who's going to be the unlucky (or lucky depending on your perspective) who's gonna get drenched!

have a great trip!

caryrae
11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I always see people wear ponchos on the ride. You can also make sure you don't wear jeans or something made from jean material cause that can take a long time to dry. There is a holder in the middle with a plastic cover to put stuff in you don't want to get wet but please keep your cloths on and not under the plastic cover they may kick you off the ride.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-02-2007, 06:57 PM
As the sign says, "All will get wet. Some will get soaked."

Either cover up somehow or ride it as your last attraction before heading back to the resort.

LONESTAR
11-02-2007, 11:24 PM
We wear ponchos and stay pretty dry :rain:. We bought good ones from a sporting good store and take them on every trip. We always go in either the last part of November thru the first part of December or the last part of January thru the first part of February you will be surprised how warm it can get in Florida this time of year in the afternoon.

dumbo ears
11-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Ya I like the idea of maybe bringing a rain poncho with you and putting it on. Otherwise either take a chance at getting soaked or not. To me kali isn't that great of a ride and I would never ride it unless it was on a hot day and I needed to cool off.

Followthatmouse
11-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Yep. I was still damp a couple of hours later. It didn't matter. In fact, it improved matters on a hot day in a hot park.

MCFantasia
11-03-2007, 06:24 AM
You do have the potential to get soaked on this. I always make sure it's the last attraction I visit before leaving... just to be safe.

Jeri Lynn
11-03-2007, 06:37 AM
I would definately bring rain poncho's, but they do not provide 100% protection, you may still get wet a little, keep your feet up, and if it is chilly out, make it the last ride of the day.

We went on it once in December, got soaked but they did have big heater fans out to help guests dry off.

We went on the ride three times in a row in September and got soaked each and every time!

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 07:02 AM
You can get "soaked to your skivies" wet on Kali River Rapids. It is very random. Some people come off the ride almost bone dry and others will look like they just went swimming in their clothes. :mickey:

I have the wet skivvies to prove it. I was not aware that water was capable of shooting down one's pants and soaking the underwear, but now I know.....

emmingo
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd love to say that there's a trick--at some parks, being the lightest one on a raft is usually a good way to avoid getting soaked--but there's no way to predict on Kali. I went twice and didn't get wet at ALL, and then the third time was the ONLY one who got wet. And when I say "wet" I mean SOAKED. Right to the bone!

And I wasn't the only one....so many people were walking off that ride totally soaked to their undies, as a bunch of people have said!