PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time or Mama's Melrose

Alpha Jeanie
11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
We are trying to decide on a table service restaurant to eat at when we are at MGM. Please give me your comments on 50's Prime Time Dinner and Mama's Melrose. We will be there in May with our 10 year old son and 5 year old daughter. Both of them are pretty picky eaters.

Thanks for any info.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I've eaten at PT, but never at MM's. PT is a lot of fun and I love vintage decor. The food was excellent and our "cousin" (the server) was really good and got everyone envolved. Just make sure you finish your veggies or no dessert. Ha ha. DBf and I were thinking of MM for our next trip and but I haven't fully decided. I heard the food was so-so and I'm a pickey eater as well, so only a few things on the menu looked appealing to me. I would check out the menu section in info central to get an idea to see if either restruant has something appealing to your kids.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
We are trying to decide on a table service restaurant to eat at when we are at MGM. Please give me your comments on 50's Prime Time Dinner and Mama's Melrose. We will be there in May with our 10 year old son and 5 year old daughter. Both of them are pretty picky eaters.

Thanks for any info.:mickey: :blush: I've never eaten at 50's Prime Time but we ate at Mama Melrose's Jan. 1, 2006. I thought it was just okay. We were a little disappointed, it wasn't bad just kind of bland and boring. The waitress really didn't seem to know anything about the menu either. BTW, we were a party of 8 and all had the same opinion.

Dyanna
11-02-2007, 01:27 PM
We ate at the 50's PT 3 weeks ago. As the food was just ok, the interaction was worth it. Seeing all the vintage items brought back many memories of grandma's house. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
We ate at both PT and MM on our last trip, and there is no question for my family...PT was great, we loved the food, and our server was too funny...he had DD in stitches a couple of times.

There was nothing wrong with MM, but nothing special either...the food was so-so, the service so-so, and just seemed to lack the spirit of most Disney restuarants.

DD and I are both rather picky eaters, and had lots to choose from at Prime Time!

vicster
11-02-2007, 02:07 PM
PT is a must for us every trip and I'm sure the kids will find something to eat! The Electric Lemonades are pretty good too!

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Never been to MM, but 50's PTC is good for any picky eater :thumbsup:

PrincessASquared
11-03-2007, 08:05 AM
My DD is a very picky eater and she had no problem choosing something at 50's PT. We eat there every time we go. We love the decor and the atmosphere is great. The waitstaff (your cousins) are very entertaining. I'm sure your family will have a great time.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
11-03-2007, 08:49 AM
For picky eaters I think that the 50's Prime Time would be a better choice. Plus it is such a fun atmosphere and most kids just sit at their tables and laugh at the antics going on with servers and "naughty" eaters. :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
11-03-2007, 09:35 AM
50's Prime Time all the way! It's a lot of fun and the food is great! :mickey:

Jared
11-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Both restaurants are pretty good, but I'd probably choose 50's Prime Time Cafe, especially if your kids have never tried it. The menu is perfect even for the pickiest eaters, and the meal is almost an attraction itself.

:tasty:

JPL
11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I would go with Primetime the food is good and the presentation and entertainment make it a much better choice.

mousetrapper
11-03-2007, 05:33 PM
50s Primetime is so much fun, and the food is very good -- filling home-cooked style meals, ramped up a few notches.

We ate at Mama Melrose's once and I have to say, it was one of the most unmemorable meals I've ever had at WDW. Not bad, but it just didn't make an impression on me.