PDA

View Full Version : DLR Trip Report Days 1&2

terri.m
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM
OK here we go:

We headed out Wed. afternoon to spend the night in Seattle. It started pouring rain once we got there. Went to Claimjumper for dinner and checked into the hotel for the night.

Thursday we got up early and met everyone for breakfast downstairs. Then it was off the the park & ride to drop off our vehicals and then straight to the airport! Of course we were there much too early but there was a Starbucks right there and we were so excited it went by fast.

The plane ride was uneventful thankfully. When we landed in LA we could really see the smoke in the air but strangely didn't really smell anything. We waited at least 30min for the DIsneyland Express to pick us up and then another hour and a bit before we finally got dropped off at our hotel. Checked in, freshened up and then off to the park!!

We were surprised to see how many people were there. As we walked into the gates and under the bridge I got all misty eyed as usual. Then there was that warm happy feeling that comes over you when you get the first glimpse of Main Street. I think I skipped down the road for a bit:blush: I wanted to go on the train first as I usually do but when you are with 12 other people you go with the flow so we hit Pirates!! Hadn't seen it since the addition of Capt Jack so I was excited to go on it. It's so much better than WDW's!

Then we decided we were hungry so we went to the French Market. The line was so slow but the food was delicious as always. Princess started not feeling well so when everyone headed over to Indiana Jones after dinner, I stayed with her and we waited near the exit.

My other (and better) half, you'll see why as the days go on, took her back to the hotel. Meanwhile everyone else disappeared but i knew where they were going so I wondered around all by me onesie and snapped some pictures. Looking at them now, I see I need to invest in a good digital SLR!

So I found everyone who stayed and we wondered around and being as tired as we were, decided to head back to the hotel, after a stop at the churro cart first!!

Here are some pics, I put a caption under each one so be sure to take a peek!!

JPL
11-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Looking at them now, I see I need to invest in a good digital SLR!

That's exactly what was thinking after my trip looking at the Halloween Parade pictures. I need something that can handle low light conditions much better than the camera I have now :(

Blue Genie
11-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Great pictures Tear so far. I love the look at Princess face on Main Street.:D

WED1901
11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Nice Pics!! I love the Nemo shot!!

TinkRocks
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Great pics & report, Tea!

Chescat
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Figured on a roll and finish this Trip report. :secret:

We go to the park on Saturday afternoon. We had all decided to meet at the Bakery around 5:00 since they were expecting rain that afternoon and wanted to go some place where they had umbrellas. We left our hotel since we were just staying over night and went downstairs and sure enough it started raining a bit. We made it to our destination and saw Genie, Terri.M and Ty, Ice & Mrs. Ice. Was so great to see everybody. Shortly after we made it, we saw MonkeyBoyJoe and his girlfriend. After a while we called Varcity to ask where him and his mom were. He was standing outside World of Disney. Miscommunication? We think he was afraid of missing Monkey! We all got together and took pictures. We were also meet by some Pirate online people, Monkey, Parrot, and Silver with her family.

Ice as promised gave us our signed DVDs (which later I thought I losed and only found about 2 weeks ago) and we gave Genie his autograph book & pictures that JP, Nachocat and I took all over WDW.

After talking for a bit, we got up and headed to Goofy's Kitchen. We said goodbye to Tea and Ty since they had to get back to their family. Unfortunate part was Ty got real sick the next morning after taking in sea water while swimming in the ocean. And Tea had such a bad cold. So never got to see them again, but at least got to talk on Cell phone with them.

At Goofy's kitchen it was great. All the characters running around and such. Monkey and his girlfriend went off to eat elsewhere, but were going to meet us after. We had all the characters sign the paper on the table and gave it to Genie after. He said what am I going to do with this. Well turned out he did. LOL! We also did a sneaky thing and told them it was Genie's birthday. Yes it was a few months early, but just the smile on his face was worth it for us all to be together there with him.

After dinner we left and meet Monkey & his girlfriend just outside of the restaurant. That's where we got the pictures of Monkey turning toward Varcity (and yes the run). He also said he thought he could take Monkey's girlfriend. I said after seeing the video, I think she could take you. We called Nachocat and JP on the phone. We also got Ice to sing a little bit for us and Nachocat got to hear that over the phone.

So shortly after, Varcity and his mom, and our Pirate friends went back to the park. The rest of us walked down Downtown Disney just talking. Ice did like that guitar shop we told him about. Monkey had told me about that pirate cheshire cat in the Vault. He was awesome and DH got him for me the next morning. We wondered around that shop and continued up the street. We bid night to Ice and Mrs. Ice since they had just arrived that afternoon and were tired. Monkey, his girlfriend, Genie, DH & I sat in front of the bakery and watched the fireworks and had talked for a while. Been so long since I had seen Monkey and we were catching up. So after fireworks we all said good night.

The next couple of days, Ice, Varcity and I meet up a few different times around the park.

It was so cool to finally see Tea and Ice.

Cat's DLR October Trip Pictures (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/DLR%20Oct07%20Trip/)

Blue Genie
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Well when Cat said it was my birthday it did bring Jasmine over to me cause she was the only one that didn't come to our table like the rest did. Also when my sopost birthday cake came by Geppeto wanted some of the cake. He had a fork and a kinft [ms] and was starting to pond on the table with them. Now come to think about it I really want to know was Geppeto really JP in that outfit cause of the cake??:confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Sounds like so much fun guys! :D DLR seems ten times better (and crazier :P) with all of you there ;) Glad you had such a great time; and BTW, the French Market rocks Tea, I always get clam chowder when I go there! :thumbsup:

Patricia
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Tea, as mentioned, your submarine shot was great. It's so nice to see it running again.

That's too bad that Princess was not feeling well. :(

Chescat
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Well finally got the pictures up, so the link is in that previous post.

I do want to note here. Here was the famous picture of Varcity running away from Monkey:

Varcity (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/DLR%20Oct07%20Trip/VarcityRunning.jpg)

Blue Genie
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
I can't believe u got me like that Cat. U got the one with Geppeto and the fork and knife. When did u get that picture of Chip & Dale in there cop and robber outfits. I never saw them there in that?

terri.m
02-05-2008, 09:58 AM
:blush: i just realized I never finished this report!!

It was so nice to meet everyone, I just wish things turned out better the next couple of days.

After we left the group at DTD, ty and I went back to Disneyland and went on some rides until it was time to meet the family at Pizza Naples. I was feeling really sick then.

The next morning we headed to Huntington Beach for a while. The kids (except for princess) jumped in the water and the waves were so perfect we rented them boogie boards. Some of us headed to Jack's Surfboards for some new shirts.

On the way back we stopped at In 'n Out burgers where I inhaled my double double, large fries and chocolate shake :cloud9:

When we got back it was nap/pool time for everyone. When we headed back to the park, Ty was feeling really ill but went on TOT a couple of times anyways. He decided to skip Screamin' and when we got off he was right out on a bench. DH took him back to the hotel when, along the way, he "visited" a poor planter somewhere at the park. For those who are counting, that's twice DH had to deal with :sick: on the way back to the hotel...

When princess and I got back Ty was very very ill. It was a long night with him.

Since it was our last day there and he didn't mind, we left him at the hotel for a bit and went back to the park. DH, princess and I had a lovely breakfast at Cafe Orleans overlooking the River. I kept checking up on Ty by phone but I think our wonderful Chescat called him more than I did!! She's such a sweetie!!

DH decided to head back to the hotel after a few hours to check on Ty and decided not to come back to the park. :( I made reservations at Cafe Orleans for dinner since I wasn't leaving w/o having a Monte Cristo so the rest of the group met there.

My SIL, niece, princess and I decided to stay to closing. We had a wonderful night despite my worry for Ty and the cold that was getting worse by the minute. The last thing we did at the park was see the Disneyland movie at the Opera House and look at the amazing display. It was the perfect way to end the time at the park.

We headed to Build a Bear where princess got her Mickey ears for her bears. Then we hit the WOD store where I spent a fortune on gifts for family and friends back home but got myself an awesome Disneyland hoodie and a cool coffee mug.

Ty was doing a bit better when i got back and was sound asleep.

Got up the next morning, packed up, went for breakfast and headed to the airport. The flight was quite empty so we could sit where we wanted.

Ty fell asleep just as we started our descent into Seattle:(. Bad timing.

It was so cold when we got back. Thankfully I made our family bring warm clothes but no one else listened to me...

The drive home took about 4 hrs plus a stop for dinner. Ty was feeling pretty good but my cold was just horrid.

Overall it was a pretty good trip. I'm still sad that there were things I vowed to do this trip that STILL didn't get done but that's what happens when you go with so many people.

With all the :ack: kids DH isn't in such a hurry to go back, as it wasn't a good trip for him at all but I'll see what I can do...

I'll try to get the rest of the pics up later.

Thanks again Cat for finishing this off and reminding me :blush:

varcity
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Well finally got the pictures up, so the link is in that previous post.

I do want to note here. Here was the famous picture of Varcity running away from Monkey:

Varcity (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/DLR%20Oct07%20Trip/VarcityRunning.jpg)

Complete B(second letter I won't add here because it's a family site). I'm glad I checked new posts today to see what kind of smack was being said about me!

Story of that picture: I had just finished beating monkey so I figured my job was done, I had proven myself. So we laugh about how I had done this spinning back flip kick and how monkey cried, so when I said my goodbyes, cat took the picture as we were still laughing.

I just had to set that story straight....

(does someone have a safe house I can borrow?)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Sure Varcity, we have a house in Mexico you can rent ;) You'll be plenty safe there! :P

Nice report Tea. Sorry that Ty and you got sick on the trip, but at least you still had some fun :)

wizardmickey
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
VARCITY; "I had just finished beating monkey so I figured my job was done, I had proven myself. So we laugh about how I had done this spinning back flip kick and how monkey cried, so when I said my goodbyes, cat took the picture as we were still laughing.

I just had to set that story straight....

(does someone have a safe house I can borrow?)"
I had turned away for a few minutes... I was, uh, singing to Nacho over the phone... yeah, that's it! I was looking away because I was singing! And while I was turned away I heard this awful commotion and a bunch of laughing, and when I turned around... well, the picture says it all.
There is my guest house wing dude.

Also:
MaxIce picture - The dude had not only taken my seat, but appeared to be flirting with my wife! Lucky we were at Disneyland or else I woulda had to of done something...
VarcityIce picture #2 - yeah, I was indeed standing on my toes and stretching trying not to look so little next to him.
"That long haired feller in yer pictures sure is one cool looking rocker type dude!"
I'll sit down and shut up now...