PDA

View Full Version : Did Castaway Cay flood due to Noel?

ArtDeco
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I jealously watched the Magic leaving St Thomas via webcam on Wednesday afternoon... this morning I'm wondering if those folks are enjoying a day on Castaway Cay. Radar and satellite look ok for a docking, but I hear they got 15 inches of rain on Abaco. Any word from CC?

Santuitman
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Hello not sure about the rainfall but I have to ask... where is the webcam for St Thomas? I'd like to be jealous as well!!

Thanks

pinkpebble83
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello, we just returned home from a 4 day cruise on the Wonder On 11-1-7. Let me tell you that anyone who says you can not feel the boat is kidding you. As soon as the boat would begin to move you can feel it vibrating strongly under your feet. We were sailing when Noel was still only a tropical depression and everyone was sick. On our first night dinner at Parrot Cay the place was completely empty and the waitstaff was saying everyone was sick. We tried to go back to our stateroom thinking that we would just sleep it off and the boat was not only rocking but moving up and down. While in the stateroom the closet doors have magnets on them which dont really work very well and with each rock of the boat the doors would slam into the wall and continue to slam back and forth which made it way worse. My fiance who is a pretty big guy was in the bathroom getting sick. When we got to Castaway we were told all excursions were cancelled and refunds would be processed. We went to Serenity Bay at around 9 and left by 1130 due to a massive rain. The rest of the day we stayed in our stateroom since all activities that day were supposed to be on the island and there was nothing to do on the boat until 615 when the shows started. I would be suprised if the island didnt flood, it was very bad.

d_dub_dad
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey - sailed on the Wonder starting Nov 1st. The first night was a bit rough with approx 20ft seas - many people left the show that evening. The rest of the cruise was absolutely beautiful except for the trip back across the straits. Castaway Cay was in nearly perfect shape and weather was gorgeous when we were there - hi of 84 with no clouds in sight.:thumbsup:

Ed
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello, we just returned home from a 4 day cruise on the Wonder On 11-1-7. ...When we got to Castaway we were told all excursions were cancelled and refunds would be processed. We went to Serenity Bay at around 9 and left by 1130 due to a massive rain... I would be suprised if the island didnt flood, it was very bad.

Hey - sailed on the Wonder starting Nov 1st. ...Castaway Cay was in nearly perfect shape and weather was gorgeous when we were there - hi of 84 with no clouds in sight.:thumbsup:

Okay, I'm totally confused. :confused:

You folks were apparently both on the November 1st cruise; one of you had "massive rain" while the other had "no clouds in sight".

Am I missing something?? :confused:

GreenBeetle
11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, I'm totally confused. :confused:

You folks were apparently both on the November 1st cruise; one of you had "massive rain" while the other had "no clouds in sight".

Am I missing something?? :confused:

I'm thinking the 4 night returned on 11/1 and the 3 night sailed on 11/1. Does that sound about right?

Ed
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm thinking the 4 night returned on 11/1 and the 3 night sailed on 11/1. Does that sound about right?

Aha! I believe you're absolutely right. :exactly:

I should have been tipped off by that "4-night" reference. The 4 nighters on the Wonder sail on Sundays, and the 3 nighters on Thursday, and November 1st was a Thursday.

My bad. Carry on. :blush:

:sail:

d_dub_dad
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Aha! I believe you're absolutely right. :exactly:

I should have been tipped off by that "4-night" reference. The 4 nighters on the Wonder sail on Sundays, and the 3 nighters on Thursday, and November 1st was a Thursday.

My bad. Carry on. :blush:

:sail:

Yes - sorry for the confusion. We left Canaveral on Thursday the 1st. We arrived in Nassau on Friday and docked next to the Magic which was pretty cool. Arrived at Castaway Cay on Saturday to a perfect day. The c director really made a point of how hard the crew who live on CC worked to get the island ready for us and it was in tip top condition. There were reports of serious erosion on the "grown up" beach but we never made it over there to see.

willowpondarabians
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello not sure about the rainfall but I have to ask... where is the webcam for St Thomas? I'd like to be jealous as well!!

I had to copy this, as I would really like to know about a webcam for St Thomas, or a cruise ship, especially a Disney ship! Thanks!:mickey:

ArtDeco
11-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't think I can post websites to the forum, but I've sent private messages with the URLs of webcams to the folks who asked above.

There are NO WEBCAMS on the Disney ships. A few lines do it, Princess in particular, but not DCL. I'm referring to cams operated by numerous individuals and businesses near the ports, or on other ships that dock at the same ports as DCL.

They ARE FUN to watch!