PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 Counter Services in each park

Oline
11-02-2007, 08:34 AM
We will be in Disney in January and are thinking of going ALL Counter Service in the parks for lunch and dinner, with the exception of 50's Prime Time for one lunch. We are looking for some input as to the BEST 1-2 lunch and dinner CS's in each park for a family of five.(11, 9, 6). Thanks for your help!

mulderxcoltrane
11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Just my opinons (maybe not 2 in each):

MK = Harbor House
EP = Sunshine Seasons (Land Pavillion)
MGM = Backlot Express (I think that's its name)
AK = Flame Tree Barbeque

emfleck
11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Just my opinons (maybe not 2 in each):

MK = Harbor House
EP = Sunshine Seasons (Land Pavillion)
MGM = Backlot Express (I think that's its name)
AK = Flame Tree Barbeque

:ditto:

BethieTink
11-02-2007, 08:59 AM
MK - Casey's. Pecos Bill or Cosmic Rays
EPCOT - Cantina in Mexico, Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and the Fish & Chips in the UK
MGM - don't really go
AK - Flame Tree

I have also had some fairly good CS at the resorts - the Mara at AKL, the food courts at POR and POP are very good.

MyDisneyworld
11-02-2007, 09:08 AM
MK = Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House
MGM = ABC Commisary
AK = Tusker House
EP = Yakitori House

At Pecos Bill you can get the double cheese burger and ask for an extra bun then split into 2 burgers. They have a full condiment bar with everything a super burger should have, very good plus saves lots of money for a large family.

LandFan
11-02-2007, 09:08 AM
MK: Pecos Bills for lunch, Cosmic Ray's for dinner
AK: Pizzafari for lunch, Flametree BBQ for dinner
MGM: UHHH I have a tough one here - I don't really like any of them. ABC Commissary for both??
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons for lunch, Cantina de San Angel for dinner (or Yorkshire Fish N/Chips or Tangerine Cafe depending upon how adventurous your children are).:D

TBY2225
11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
MK= Pecos Bills - PB brownie and fixing bar!
Cosmic Rays- selections, seating, pasta

Epcot= Tangerine Cafe- different, big portions
Electric Umbrella- portions good food

MGM= unfortuately none- try TS 50's Primetime

AK= Flame Tree- smoky meat, Orings!

TwoTinyWings
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
MK:
-Casey's Corner - sit outside when the ragtime piano player is there (if you don't like hot dogs, skip this one - that's all they offer)
-Cosmic Ray's - great selection, lots of seating; items like the rotisserie chicken are large enough to split; pulled pork sandwich and pasta salad are fantastic!

AK:
-Flame Tree (delicious, portions often large enough to share, tons of seating in more secluded/quiet/scenic areas)
-in the absense of Tusker House, I'm guessing you might have luck across the way at Tamu Tamu, where they have added food options to the previously drinks-only menu

MGM:
-no really great options here - go with Backlot Express for standard burger/chicken CS fare; try ABC Commissary for more adventurous eating

Epcot:
-Sunshine Seasons in the Land - lots of options for all ages; the chicken drumstick and "make your own sandwich" kids' meal choices have been hits with my DD (hint: have someone scope out choices, then send one adult to buy the food so you're not all wandering around forever in there!)
-Electric Umbrella - eat here, outside, for dinner and enjoy the fountain show; also has good options and great fixings bar

Side note: I'm pretty sure you can ask for an extra bun at any of the burger places so you can split a double into two single burgers

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 11:50 AM
MK
Colombia Harbor House - a good assortment of healthy salads and sandwiches to the fried, yummy stuff
Cosmic Ray's - huge selection though the counter set-up puts some off. Getting a table can be difficult here

Epcot
Future World
Electric Umbrella - good burgers, salads, wraps, and a salad I've yet to try
Sunshine Seasons - wide variety and great selections. Not your typical burgers!
World Showcase
Tangierine Cafe - I like (best couscous ever) and they DO have the standard kid's fare: pizza, chicken tenders and burgers
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (my DS11's pic)

Disney's MGM Studios
ABC Commissary - I won't do lunch there but their breakfast is good
Backlot Express - we happen to like it here and tend to go back year after year. Entropy, maybe, but this is the one place that I'll indulge my passion for WDW chicken strips

Animal Kingdom
A park in flux
Flametree BBQ - I prefer Flametree when the weather is cooler. However, I'll get their fruit plate when the weather is warmer
Pizzafari - how they don't offer pizza on their kid's meals is beyond me, but this used to be my DS's favorite place. Now he's a WDW "junior" and therefore he does get a pizza off their adult's menu. And yes, these Brooklyn pizza snobs, do like Pizzafari pizzas. :eat:
I must add that we're looking forward to trying the Yak & Yeti.

Downtown Disney
Wolfgang Puck's Express - can't say enough good things about this place. Excellent food, intriguing choices and soups to die for!
Earl of Sandwich - on our to-try list if we can ever find a line that's not out the door

goofysbabe
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM
My favorites:

MK- Cosmic Rays - Pecos Bills

Epcot- Sunshine Seasons - Cantina de San Angel

MGM-Rosie's Allstar Cafe & the one beside it

AK-Flame Tree

DTD-Earl of Sandwich - Good Ole Mickey D's

SurferStitch
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Ones we love:

MK - Columbia Harbor House & Cosmic Ray's

AK - WAS Tusker House, but with that gone I have to go with Flame Tree BBQ. Can't wait to try Y&Y.

MGM - ABC Commissary & Backlot Express

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
We will be in Disney in January and are thinking of going ALL Counter Service in the parks for lunch and dinner, with the exception of 50's Prime Time for one lunch. We are looking for some input as to the BEST 1-2 lunch and dinner CS's in each park for a family of five.(11, 9, 6). Thanks for your help!
:number1: I'll throw my two cents in for a couple of my favorites but keep in mind you can go on intercots info central menu section if that will help make your decision.

Animal Kingdom-I've never eaten counter service there. Check out the fresh pineapple they sell for a snack along the park. It is very good.
MGM-Backlot Express is pretty good and so is Toy Story Pizza Planet. The single worst meal we ever ate at Disney was in Jan. 2003 at ABC Commissary. I had the Cuban sandwich and everyone had something different so it wasn't just one bad item. It was so bad a couple of us threw our food away. Of course, things may have changed since then but the menu looks the same.:sick:
Magic Kingdom-I have never eaten at Cosmic Ray's but they have a nice selection for counter service. Casey's Corner is all hot dogs (decent dogs) but you have to fight the birds constantly as all or most of the seating is outside. Can't go wrong with Main Street Bakery.
Epcot-My favorite DW counter service of all is Cantina San Angel in world showcase. We thought the food was better than the TS Mexican. I have never tried the fish n chips at Yorkshire Fish but plan on trying that next visit.

Aggie97
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Our favorites:

MK - Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill Cafe, Casey's Corner
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Cantina de San Angel, Tangierine Cafe
MGM - unfortunately none
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DD - Earl of Sandwich

illini
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
MK: Pecos Bill's. YUM!
Epcot: Kringla og Kafe (or however it's spelled) in Norway. Great sandwiches.
La Patisserie (not sure of official name) in France. Not nec a full meal, but you can get more than enough to hold you over and it's so good!
Really, I think most of the countries have great CS options.
MGM: None.
AK: Well, it was Tusker House. I'm not a Flame Tree fan, so I'm going to say Yak & Yeti even though it's sight unseen, so to speak.
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express, hands down. I LOVE this place! The chinois salad is to die for, seriously. Pizzas are fab, too, but I just steal a couple bites of my kids' since I only order the salad. :D It's got a fairly varied menu, and is extremely kid friendly, IMO.

Lessie
11-02-2007, 05:59 PM
MK - Pecos Bills and Casey’s
EP - Cantina! Yum! And Sunshine Seasons
MGM - No suggestions here… we always do 50’s Prime Time for lunch
AK - Flame Tree

WheresWalt
11-02-2007, 07:29 PM
In EPCOT don't forget the little counter service in the France pavillion, Boulangerie Patisserie. Great quiche, sandwich, cheese, coffee drinks, and pasteries. Nice for a quick yummy lunch. They will even heat up the quiche for you and you can enjoy it outside in the lovely pavillion.

For MK... we like Cosmic Ray's. The turkey bacon wrap/chips is enough for 2 people plus you get the great hot toppings bar. I put sauteed onions and mushrooms on everything. :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
11-02-2007, 09:08 PM
MK- Pecos Bills
Epcot-Sunshine Saeasons
MGM-Backlot Express (we absolutely loved the grilled turkey sandwich--super yummy:tasty:)
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
:eat:

GrmGrninGost
11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbor House
Disney Studios - Backlot Express (only one we like)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ (only one we like)
EPCOT - for burgers, we like the Electric Umbrella but there is a huge selection if you travel the World Showcase. Most of the countries have restaurants.

Jared
11-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I can't give you two in each park, but I'll post a couple favorites.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Epcot: Sunshine Season Food Fair
Disney-MGM Studios: None
Animal Kingdom: None since Tusker House Restaurant closed.

:tasty:

DisneyorBust
11-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Magic Kingdom- Cosmic Ray's and Peco's Bill's

Epcot-San Angel Cantina and Sommerfest

Disney Studios- Rosie's All Star & Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree BBQ

AdventurerKim
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
MK--Harbor House or Pecos Bill's
EPCOT--The Land or Japan cafe
MGM--Backlot Express or the place near Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset with Greek food
AK--we don't go there.