PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know?

Cinderelley
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm deciding between renting a 2-bedroom DVC unit with concierge service at AKL or a 2-bedroom suite at AKL. What is the difference? The suite is about twice as expensive as the DVC unit. I know the DVC unit won't have housekeeping every day, but that isn't enough to explain that big of a price difference.

cinderellagrl
11-01-2007, 08:12 PM
If you are not part of the disney vacation club then I am pretty sure the villa does include mousekeeping everyday!

dlpmikki
11-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I think your biggest problem will be getting a two bed concierge villa to rent. There are not that many available! You are also right about no regular mousekeeping if you rent.

WheresWalt
11-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Just to let you know... for the DVC unit, if you wanted mousekeeping, it would be $60 per day you wanted it. But the unit will include a washer/dryer and vacuum.

Cinderelley
11-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, but $60 a day for mousekeeping isn't enough to make that big of a price difference.

Tinkermom
11-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I think your biggest problem will be getting a two bed concierge villa to rent. There are not that many available! You are also right about no regular mousekeeping if you rent.

I agree about it being difficult to get to rent. From everything that I have been reading these are going to be EXTREMELY popular with DVC members. This coupled with the fact that there are so few of them will make them difficult to get even for DVC members. :mickey:

Cinderelley
11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree about it being difficult to get to rent. From everything that I have been reading these are going to be EXTREMELY popular with DVC members. This coupled with the fact that there are so few of them will make them difficult to get even for DVC members. :mickey:

We're not going until the end of 2009. I'm thinking that it'll be less popular by then with the new ones they'll be adding. If not, we'll just go with the suite. I was looking at pictures of them though, and I like the look of the dvc units better than the suites. I think it's rather odd though, that Disney would offer prices for the DVC units if it's so hard for DVC members to get them.

DVC2004
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
A 2 BR Concierge Villa at AKV's does offer daily housekeeping, so will a Studio, 1 BR, and Grand Villa all as long as they are concierge.

Cinderelley
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
What is a Grand Villa?

locodemickey
11-03-2007, 09:29 PM
A really big Villa! ;) It sleeps 12 people.

DVC2004
11-04-2007, 12:17 PM
What is a Grand Villa?

It's 2100 square feet and 2 floors- sleeps 12. it's like a house.

Cinderelley
11-04-2007, 10:13 PM
How many bedrooms does it have? Is it part of the concierge group or the non-concierge group? My family has increased to 7, since we unofficially "adopted" one of my son's best friends. (He's 17, but his parents work for the carnival, and had left him at home while they traveled around with the carnival. They didn't pay the bills, so he had no food, no electricity, etc. Now he's moved in with us.). So, it is DH and I, 4 boys, and one girl. The boys will range in age from 17 - 20. The girl will be 15.

The two bedroom said it could sleep 9. I assumed it was one bedroom with a king bed, one bedroom with two full or queen beds, and a pull out sofa with a sleeper chair in the living room. Anyone know the sleeping arrangements in a Grand Villa?

Tinkermom
11-05-2007, 09:03 AM
The two bedroom villas are either a dedicated 2 bedroom, which means the master has a king bed and the other bedroom has 2 queen beds, or a lock-off, which means it is a one bedroom and a studio combined. The studio is the second bedroom which means it has a queen bed and a pull-out sofa. There is also a sleeper sofa in the living room in addition to a sleeper chair (Animal Kingdom Lodge villas only). If you are wanting a 2 bedroom concierge there will only be the lock-off version, no dedicated 2 bedrooms. There are no grand villa concierge.

If you are looking at a grand villa you may want to look at Old Key West or some of the other DVC properties. I am not sure when the AKLV grand villas will be completed.

AKLV is the first time DVC has offered concierge. I am so excited to see it has daily housekeeping!:thumbsup: I think this alone will keep it very popular with DVC members.

Here is info about the AKLV rooms, including the Grand Villa, from the dvc member website, I also included OKW Grand Villa info at the bottom:

Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Home

Sleeps up to nine
Master bedroom suite with king-size bed
Three bathrooms: one is a Master bathroom with whirlpool tub
Second bedroom with two queen-size beds
Queen-size sofa bed in living room
Sleeper chair in living room
Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and the second bedroom
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
Private balcony
1,173 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

Two-Bedroom Lockoff Vacation Home

Defined as a Studio plus One-Bedroom
Value Rooms sleep up to eight, all others sleep up to nine
Two bathrooms: one is a Master bathroom with whirlpool tub (Vacation Homes located in Kidani Village will have a third bathroom)
Second bedroom with one queen-size bed plus one full-size sofa bed
Sleeper chair in living room (except in Value Accommodations)
Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and the second bedroom
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
Private balcony
945-1075 sq. ft. in Jambo House
1,173 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

Grand Villa Vacation Home

Sleeps up to twelve
Grand Villa Vacation Homes located in Jambo House will be one-level while Grand Villas located in Kidani Village will be two-level.
Four bathrooms: one is a Master bathroom with whirlpool tub
Two additional bedrooms, each with two queen-size beds
Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and both additional bedrooms
Dining room with dining table and chairs
Private balcony
Vacation Homes located in Kidani Village will have an additional sitting area upstairs with a queen-size sleeper sofa
2,349 sq. ft. in Jambo House
2,201 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

Jambo House Concierge Accommodations
Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom Lockoff

Kilimanjaro Club Concierge accommodations include the following Kilimanjaro Club Level Services:

Advanced Walt Disney World itinerary planning service
Personalized front desk and Concierge service
Daily housekeeping service and evening turndown with chocolates
Secured key access to 6th floor and Club Level lounge
Weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today
Assistance with special events planning and shopping
Club Level Lounge refreshments

Three-Bedroom Grand Villa at OLD KEY WEST(two-level; sleeps 12)
Master suite with king-size bed and whirlpool tub
Two additional bedrooms, one with two queen-size beds and private bath, and one with two double-size beds and a private bath.
Queen-size sleeper sofa in living room
TV/DVD
Dining room
Fully-equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private balcony on each level

Cinderelley
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Lisa,
Thanks for all that detailed information. It helped tremendously. We've stayed in lockoff units through our timeshare, and they work great for us. DH really needs his time away from the kids, so being able to go to the lock-off section to be "locked-off" works well for him.

The info about the concierge was great too. MMMM, :tasty:evening chocolate.