PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward to Changed Trip

DizRunner
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Just wanted to share with others who would understand.

In January I'll be heading down to WDW for the third time to run during the Marathon Weekend (Full in 2004, Half in 2006) - been there eight times all together. Doing the half again. Nice to have the full under my belt. Really nice to just do the half from now on. Less sore and more time to play in the parks.

These trips during the Marathon Weekend are solo trips. Fortunately my wife understands my love for Disney and running.

In 04 and 06 I stayed at Pop and loved it. For 08 I was just waiting for the discounts to come out to make my reservations for Pop again. Well, with the Disney Visa promo, I called...Pop was sold out. I was a little disappointed, but not too much. I'm still going to WDW. Anyway, I got a room at ASMu. At first again, a little disappointed. Then I see reviews and pictures. This looks like a really cool resort. I put in a request for the Broadway Hotel. That looks really neat. So, now I'm happy that I didn't get Pop and it got me to try something different. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Another thing I'm really excited about is the free park hopper that came with the discount. Before I would go to EPCOT and the MK for the two full days I'm there. In 08 I'll do EPCOT and the MK. But I'm really excited that now I'll be able to head over to the AK to ride EE at least once to experience it. And also head over to Disney Studios in order to ride the ToT. I love the ToT, but haven't ridden it in about six years - the last time I was there with my wife.

I am soooo looking forward to this trip.

Anyone who reads this and has been to ASMu or even the Broadway Hotel, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

cubbie
11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I've stayed in Pop and All-Star Music. Between the bus situation and the general layout of the hotels, I much preferred Pop, but I think ASMu is still a nice place to stay. You'll enjoy the scenery, although it's not as immersive as Pop. However, with a weekend trip, you have to remind yourself that it's just a place to relax and sleep. The scenery around you is just a bonus.
Good luck in the half-marathon. I'll be participating in that, also. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a runner, so if I can run more than half way, I'll be happy. My goal is to get to mile 10, and we'll see if I have the energy to keep running, or if I'll have to slow the pace. Either way, it should be a fun weekend. Enjoy the trip.

DizRunner
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Couldn't agree with you more regarding just a place to relax and sleep. I'll rarely be at the ASMu. Even the first day, getting to the resort at about 10:30am, I'll be gone going to pick up my packet, riding the monorail, visiting the different resorts, visiting DTD. Learning from my past visits, I'm going to pack in so much. It'll be great.

Good luck on your run, Cubbie. I hope your training and your run goes well. Main thing is to have fun, right? Right!