PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom opening ceremonies

austalysgram
11-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Leaving on sunday for 5 days at DW, want to see the opening ceremonies at Magic Kingdom. We are staying at POFQ. What time do ceremonies start and what time do busses start running at the resorts. Thanks for any help.

#1donaldfan
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Please someone correct me if I'm way off, but I think the opening ceremony starts about 15/20 minutes before the scheduled opening of the park. We try to get there an hour before..they hand out mickey confetti....the kids love that.....the busses start running earlier than that, as there are some early breakfast happenings...have fun....:mickey:

Itchy
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Dear Lady Friend and I had an 8 am reservation at Crystal Palace and helped get things off to a majical start.:party: The mickey confetti was great. I even brought some home.

I think that most of people there for the opening had reservations at one of the resturants for breakfast. Thats how we got past the first line of defense. They had a roped off entrance for us to go through.

Hope this helps...

ncscgirl2005
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
We got there about an hour and a half before opening on our first day at MK. Call us anxious or whatever but I HAD to make sure we got there when the gates opened since this was our 1st visit ever. Lucky for us, we were chosen to help open the park. We were able to go to the back and meet all the characters and take pics with them before park opened. Speaking of which, it was nice to see the park empty like that. It helped us to navigate better once we were actually inside later that day. Then we rode the train (actually got to sit with Mickey) up to the front with all the characters. I think the ceremony actually started about 10-15 minutes beforehand though. The kids had a blast. We got free autograph books pens too.

Tink#64
11-01-2007, 11:56 PM
We finally got to be on hand for the MK opening ceremonies last year. It was so cool! I couldn't believe that we made it, because I had overslept that morning. This was last May, but Mickey & friends didn't appear on the train above the entrance until right at 9:00 AM. I was so happy that we finally got to see it all! The balloon release, Mickey.... It was so cool!

Ironically enough, that was the only day that I overslept, and it was the only day that we made it to a park exactly when it opened!:mickey:

Main Street Jim
11-03-2007, 10:19 AM
The Welcome show starts at 8:48am on non-EMH mornings. Since it's a fairly small space, I would suggest getting inside the turnstiles no later than 8:15-8:30. The best views are in the middle.

I believe buses to the parks start running at about 7-7:15am.

austalysgram
11-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info, will be there Monday morning by 8:00:woohoo:. Will be at POFQ tomorrow night for our stay. Just can't wait..........:joy:

becbec
11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
What do they do on EMH mornings? Do they have the opening ceremonies early, or at the regular park opening time?

Main Street Jim
11-05-2007, 09:59 AM
No opening show on EMH mornings. Just the music; no characters or show train.