PDA

View Full Version : Business Credit Card

JanetMegan
11-01-2007, 10:11 AM
All you business owners out there...who do you use for your business credit card? I need one that is widely accepted and I'd rather have cash back than miles (I don't travel much.) I'm not looking to carry a balance, just something to use for everything from gas to office supplies, etc.

Ian
11-01-2007, 10:28 AM
You probably want a corporate AMEX. They're Membership Rewards program lets you pick from a variety of different rewards (including cash back). They also have a whole support network available (Open) for small businesses that's very valuable, from what I understand.

If you don't like AMEX, then I'd go with a Visa. They tend to be very small-business friendly.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2007, 10:47 AM
We use amex at my office as well, as they have always been great!

I'd try them first too!

disneydave4479
11-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I have a Visa through Capital One for my business, and they've been good to me. I use it exactly the same way you want to, and rarely carry a balance. I have cash rewards through it.

Dave

bjlaac
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I've had several for my small business including a mastercard, visa and AmEX. I eventually closed all but my Amex becasue the visa and mastercard had limitations that were ridiculous.

For example, one of the cards selling points were 5% back on gas and computer/electronic purchases. This seemed a perfect fit i=until I actually purchased a computer when they told me there was a limit to $25 in rebates in any given month. Duh! that's $500! When was the last time anyone purchased a computer for $500
I'm sure it was written in the Ts&Cs, but I felt it to be dishonest the way the limit wasn't clearly advertised. Shame on me for not reading all the fine print

My point is whatever card you choose make sure you understand the limits and requirements of the cash back if that is what you are looking for.

good Luck

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm another that has been very pleased with AMEX.