PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom CS Special diet kids' choices

LibertyTreeGal
11-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Howdy all, I have been compiling a list for my son of places where we can safely order CS food for him without sending him into a panic attack ;) and I wanted to share because it also applies to people who want non-fried, sugar, nitrate, etc... choices but don't want to have to read through every menu when they arrive. Yes, please allow me to be the control freak for you :D

So here are my results for the Animal Kingdom:

Flame Tree BBQ -- they actually have a baked chicken wing that is edible and tasty, and we found it to be quite plump (these chickens were not exercising) without being fatty. They serve it with healthy sides and drink options too :thumbsup:

Pizzafari has a cheese quesadilla, not sure if the tortilla is white, probably is, but if you want an alternative to their PB&J, that's what they have.

Pretty slim pickins at the CS locations, but the Harambe Fruit market has selections of pineapple, grapes, and watermelon, as well as whole fruit (all of which are under $4 and so might quality as a "snack") and a fruit and cheese plate for $5.49 that we will definitely be trying for our sons. They also have carrot and celery sticks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and pickles. So this is the place that gets my vote for "most healthy kid friendly choices" for AK snacks.

Tamu Tamu Refreshments has a couple of items, which I am not sure a child's credit will apply to becaue it is a kiosk (but since not everyone is on the DDP I want to mention it). They have a Turkey or Tuna (also ham if you can have nitrates) sandwich on multigrain bread with carrots for $6.49 and a Chef's salad for $7.49 if you can do salad dressing. I will try to get over there when we go and see if I can use a child DP credit for the items.

That's it for AK as far as I know, if anyone else has anything to add, I'd love to hear it!!!