PDA

View Full Version : New puppy

Jeff G
10-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Our family has exciting news as we'll growing on Friday as we welcome a new puppy. We're adding a Golden Retriever/Poodle mix (Goldendoodle). The kids and my DW are all extremely excited.

Has anyone had an experience with this mixed breed dog? From speaking to other owners and breeders this sounds like a great family friendly dog with a great temperment which with four kids is a must.

MsMin
11-01-2007, 12:22 AM
:paw: congrats on the new addition. It's always exciting to have a new puppy. Personally, I think that genetically mix breeds are healthier than purebreeds and I say that w/ 4 Yorkies in the house. Not that I don't love them but mix breeds have a chance to tweak out the defects and cross two new breeds w/ the best of both. Golden's are such loving gentle dogs and from what I understand a poodle is very hypoallergenic and sheds less and both breeds are smart. A great combo for a family especially with children. Welcome to your newest addition. Can't wait to hear more soon. :dog:

merlinmagic4
11-01-2007, 07:06 AM
My inlaws just adopted one. He was training to be a service dog but flunked :secret:He seems like a great dog so far! Congratulations!! :dog:

PirateLover
11-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Don't know much about mixed breeds to be honest but I happen to think that goldendoodles are quite possibly the cutest dogs ever. Have fun with your new family member and please post pictures!

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
From pictures I have seen, you are getting a super cute puppy! Good luck with all the work that comes with a new puppy, and enjoy it because they grow up so fast!

On a side note, I saw an ad in the paper last week for a new designer dog called a "Dorkie", a Yorkie, dachshound mix. That made me laugh.

RenDuran
11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I just like saying it....goldendoodle! Mixed breeds make great pets....you usually get the best of each breed. Have fun with your pup!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Good luck with your new addition.

We have a 5 year old Golden Retriever who just happens to be the most affectionate, kid friendly dog we could ever have wished for. He is also quite dopey which makes him lots of fun. Just a real mush. I am sure your guy will have lots of these wonderful traits too.

We also have a mixed breed puppy. Jack is our 9 month old Puggle. (Pug/Beagle mix). He is the second most affectionate and kid friendly dog we have ever met. ;) Just a real pleasure and a wonderful addition to our family. He is very healthy and really got the best of both breeds.

Have lots of fun with the new puppy and post some pics!!!

Jeff G
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
On a side note, I saw an ad in the paper last week for a new designer dog called a "Dorkie", a Yorkie, dachshound mix. That made me laugh.

:funny:......and I laughed when I heard the name goldendoodle.

We also have a mixed breed puppy. Jack is our 9 month old Puggle. (Pug/Beagle mix). He is the second most affectionate and kid friendly dog we have ever met. ;) Just a real pleasure and a wonderful addition to our family. He is very healthy and really got the best of both breeds.

We have a pug too and he is a great family dog when he wants to be, he also likes to do his own thing. My mom is looking at getting a pug and saw a puggle on a rescue page that she is was going to inquire on. They are a funny looking.

We picked up our puppy Friday and he is awesome. He transitioned into the house very well and seems to be taking to the family. The most amazing thing about him is how laid back he is. He is pure puppy for a bit but then he turns into a cuddler who likes to be help. I have pictures at home which I'll add later today.

Thanks for all the input.

conorsmom2000
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Congratulations on the new puppy! Goldennoodles are adorable! :mickey: I'm glad to hear that he is transitioning well into the family! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
:dog: Congrats on your new puppy! I'm glad to hear the transition is going so well, and can't wait to see pics!

I have a friend who bought a Goldendoodle 2 yrs ago, and they just adore her... she has been the best dog - very smart, very obedient, and mellow. They think she's been the best addition to their family ever! :)

Jeff G
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of Max, sorry it took so long to post them we have been out of town almost all week.

Max (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_0426.jpg)

Max Chewing (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_0405.jpg)

Max Chewing 2 (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_0404.jpg)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of Max

He is adorable!!!

ChipnDaleGal
11-12-2007, 06:04 AM
He is a cutie pie! And he looks so soft! Thanks for sharing your pictures of Max. :thumbsup:

disneydeb
11-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Max is too cute!;):thumbsup:

RenDuran
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
What a cutie-pie!

Momof2boys
11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
We have a Maltese/Poodle mix and Lilo is the best dog we've ever had.

I have 2 friends who have Goldendoodles (Buster is 9 months, and Rambo is just over a year). They both went thru very "active" stages around 6 months and Buster is finally outgrowing it. Just needed a bit more attention and outside time during those months.

BTW - Max is a cutie !

pink967
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Good luck with Max. I have a pekeniese Charlie who is 11 and I got Madison Valentine as a puppy, she is a bull dog,****-zu mix so she is a bull-****z, and they have babies that we kept and they are peke bull ****z. One is Sarah and one is Jack. Sarah was named from the land before Time, she is a mean little bugger, as in 3 horns DONT play with long necks, and Jack is named Jack Sparrow, he is all black even though he is fuzzy he has alot of the bull dog, he is solid as a rock (about 25 pounds) but he thinks for some reason he is a tea cup poddle, when you lay down he will jump on you and knock the breath out of you. Sarah has the bluest eyes you ever seen, and the way it looks, more puppies by Christmas.Everyone LOVES what I named them with the designer name.