PDA

View Full Version : January crowds

runreb02
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
We have decided to change our trip from the week of Thanksgiving to the end of Jan. into Feb. We were there last year for thanksgiving and really do not want to deal with the crowds that week. This way we will be in value season, and can be there for my daughters 7th b-day. We used a pin code and got a great deal at the Poly. We were there once in Jan about 12 years ago and it was empty, but now I know there really is not a slow season. Does anyone know just how crowded we should expect it to be.

kbean
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I went the last weekend in Jan last year and it was great. The one ride that had a 40min wait was peter pan like always. All the others you walked right on to, orhad to wait 10min. I'll be going again that week too. The only down side is that the parks close at 7. Great time to go though.

DisneyAndRedSox
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
We always go 2nd or 3rd week in Jan. Once you go off-season, you can never go back when the lines are long! Just the weather is unpredictable, but I have had it colder in November (1995) so I am willing to take that gamble!

In Jan there are some long lines, but nothing over 45 minutes. You can typically do fine with the 1 fast pass at a time.

SwtVaBrz7
11-01-2007, 01:09 AM
:cloud9:Warning! If you go in January you will never want to go any other time of the year! Enjoy!

WVParkfan
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Isn't that the truth! If we could go in January every year, we would. But alas, our kids are in 2nd and 8th grades, so we can only go when school is out. And for us, that means Easter week this year.

Enjoy your time in January, and like the poster above said, you won't want to ever go at another time of year again.

TBY2225
11-01-2007, 04:06 PM
DH and I went the end of Jan-first of Feb 10 years ago, and I still remember how great the crowds and weather were! We wore shorts most every day and it was in the high 70's every day! We walked onto lots of things and didn't have a long wait anywhere. We are going again in Jan 08 and I can't wait to not have to worry about crowds or sweat!

Meteora
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
The last time I went in January (a couple of years ago), it was just gorgeous-- longest line was 20 minutes for Space Mountain. We walked right onto everything, and the parks were so uncrowded that we recognized people we had seen in other parks on previous days.

Have a great time!