PDA

View Full Version : Ladies ....

azdisneymom
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
What do you wear to a restaurant when the dress code is business casual? I would be a good candidate for What Not To Wear so some advice from you would be much appreciated. :blush:

Lessie
10-31-2007, 06:16 PM
You will see a little bit of everything, so don’t stress too much! I would suggest nice slacks/top or skirt/top, whichever you are more comfortable with, as a basic rule of thumb. You would not be out of place in dressy jeans/heels or nice capris/dress sandals either. It does depend a bit on the season/weather and which restaurant you are going to. In the summer I usually want to wear a fun dress or skirt, but in the winter I wear dark, dressy jeans and a nice top.

Overall, as long as you have on a nice outfit, as opposed to something comfy you would wear to the parks you should be just fine!

If you want some specific help or suggestions feel free to PM me!

dolphinmickey9170
10-31-2007, 08:46 PM
In August, I wore a spaghetti strapped cami top with a lace overlay, a pair of khaki capris and my pink mickey crocs!! My DH wore a pair of cargo shorts and a hawaiian shirt. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. Have a great time and enjoy!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
You should wear something similar to what you might wear on a job interview. Not a suit but a sweater/blouse and slacks/skirt.

disneyjoe
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Business casuals main rules of thumb are:
No jeans; and No t-shirts
collared or dressy shirt are good and
Capris, dress shorts, casual pants are all fine. Footwear is not as important.

No matter what the restaurant class(unless formal), you will find all different types of dress codes going on inside the restaurant. Don't sweat the small stuff!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
To me, professional business casual is different, being less traditionally formal and less stylish than for a restaurant or daily life.

These days when most people unfortunately hardly bother to dress well at all, I notice that for a woman, business casual is simply not wearing the following: a baggy t-shirt, sneakers, tattered jeans, sweats, windbreakers or active wear. Other than that, it seems that anything goes, especially in Disney.

If you truly don't mind advice and are indeed actively seeking it, I would suggest a light flowy shirt, perhaps with a waist belt and a coordinating pair of pants and a skirt, with a simple pair of heels. Of course, it all depends upon when you are going and what you feel comfortable wearing.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Maybe it's because I am a business major and I get this stuff shoved down my throat, but I do no consider Crocs and sandals to be business casual. Nor do I consider jeans, Hawaiian shirts, capris, or cami tops to be business casual. I have nothing against them for just visiting the parks as a regular Guest, however in the event of a business function, I find them to be extremely un-professional and -businesslike.

If any student wore that around my professors on days when we are required to be business casual, we would be sent away from the function or networking panel.

For me business casual is a pair of nice pants or a skirt that is no shorter than the knee. For tops, I typically wear a simple short sleeved button up shirt, turtleneck, or polo shirt. For shoes, I have a pair of polishable black leather loafs (which are usually pretty comfy to stand and walk around in all day - these are what I wear to work at Emporium).

But again, this is from a hospitality management perspective. I think the way you dress will reflect your level of professionalism, if this is for a corporate/business function.

Although, if you want, I can post the Disney Guidelines for Cast Members. And trust me, those are a lot stricter.

ldn324
11-01-2007, 10:04 AM
I have a "go-to" outfit that I usually take with me for WDW business casual dining. It's a long black skirt with a slit in the side and a button down, collared black blouse. I then take some jewelry to add color and mix and match as needed. Both items of clothing are easy to wash and require no ironing so they travel well. Plus, being black, they are easily adaptable and never go (too much) out of style. For shoes, I have a pair of flat, shiny black slingbacks.

Now with that being said, I usually feel overdressed at places that are business casual. The business casual rule is hardly ever truly enforced. Last year at CG, we actually saw a woman wearing one of those black shiny jogging sets with white stripes up the leg....it was horrible. I personally wish they would be a little more strict with the policy.

azdisneymom
11-01-2007, 05:22 PM
A million thanks to all of you. I can quit stressing now and just look forward to a nice meal. :blush: