PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for DisneyLand on Sunday!!!

Disneyglamour
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey guys!
I'm leaving for Disneyland on Sunday for the very first time ever and I wanted to know, what are some can't miss restaurants, shops, etc. that I need to check out. Thanks! :mickey:

tinkwest
10-31-2007, 06:42 PM
When I am in the mood to shop I like to visit the little shops in New Orleans Square at Disneyland.

I like to browse Department56 in Downtown Disney.

NotaGeek
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
My 2 favorite places to shop are the gift store in the Disneyland Hotel (for some reason I always find something there that is great!) and the crazy World of Disney in DTD. It's a madhouse, but it has to be done.

For a great dinner, try Hook's Point and the DLH. It's decent prices, great service and yummy food. For a all-out expensive dinner with AMAZING food and good service, it's Steakhouse 55 (Granville's) in the DLH. Lots of people swear by Blue Bayou, but I feel that Disney REALLY needs to rethink the service and food at this restaurant. $40 a person for lunch OR dinner is outrageous, and the food is only so-so, and the I have repeatedly gotten slow unattentive service at BB. It's sad really, Disney upgraded the restaurant to a "fine dining" price level but the food quality and service didn't upgrade with the prices. Great atmosphere, but I can't pay top dollar for atmosphere with out the rest of the expierence following suit!

The best counter service breakfast is Tomorrowland Terrace! Another favorite place for breakfast is the Carnation Cafe ... located right on Main Street USA with a yummy Croissant Benedict it's the perfect place to make a priority seating reservation for right at park opening (or a bit earlier if you have early entry!) and you can watch the crowds RUN to Finding Nemo as you sip on some orange juice and relax!

One last place ... the Plaza Inn, fried chicken and roast beef. OMG so delicious!

Have FUN! :mickey:

BrerGnat
11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
My favorite shops in Downtown Disney are the World of Disney (of course!) and Basin. I LOVE the bath bombs from there! It's a great bath/body store.

I also like Dept. 56, especially now around Christmastime.

The new Disney Vault store is cool, but SUPER expensive (boutique clothes). It's got some interesting clothes, though.

My fav. restaurants are the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney and Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA. Blue Bayou is awesome for a memorable eating experience too!

*tinker_belle*
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't have a favorite store, i just like to browse through every shop (which i'm sure you'll do). But at the end of the trip i always find myself wandering through the Emporium on Main St.
Same goes for restaurants, i don't have a favorite. I just kind of try them all. I can't speak for the DLH restaurants as i haven't been to those but i have heard they are worth a try! My fav Dowtown Disney place is Ralph Brennans, if you love a New Orleans atmosphere and cuisine to match, go here! Everything st the DLR is my favorite except don't eat at Award Weiners at California Adventure.....thats just a fair warning.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
You have gotten some great advice on both shopping and eating while at Disneyland. I just wanted to wish you a safe journey, and I hope you have an amazing time during your first trip. It truely is a magical place!! :mickey:

Disneyglamour
11-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Thank you everyone for your advise and well-wishes! It is greatly appreciated! I am super excited! :mickey: