PDA

View Full Version : Must know - MK on Thanksgiving Day or not ?

Mrs.Mya
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Our trip is fast approaching, and I am a little nervous about one of the dinner ressies we have. It is at Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:50 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. I have read several peoples opinions saying they would steer clear of MK on that day, but the other parks are the normal crowds for that time of year. Should I cancel our reservation and just spend that day at another park, or fight the huge crowds just to have a little turkey on Thanksgiving? It won't bother me or family at all not to have turkey or even dinner ressies at another restaurant, I just don't want to be totally hammered with the crowds for that day. Help !! :confused:

mousetrapper
10-31-2007, 03:04 PM
We also have Thanksgiving dinner ADRs at LTT. We plan to steer clear of MK that day, and head over in the evening for our ADRs - giving ourselves plenty of time to make our way through the crowds!

I figure being in WDW is better than being anywhere else, no matter how crowded it is.:mickey:

Have a wonderful time no matter what you choose to do!

buzznwoodysmom
10-31-2007, 03:41 PM
We'll be at WDW that week also and plan on staying as far away from MK on Thanksgiving day as possible. We are planning our MK days early in our trip to try and miss some of the bigger crowds.

We had an ADR at LTT in Feb. during a very, very slow time. We did just about everything in the park that we wanted, which was almost everything in the park, by around 3 in the afternoon. However, we waited what seemed like forever for our 5pm LTT dinner reservation(at least 45 minutes passed our ADR time). I have never waited so long for any ADR on any of our other trips. The park seemed almost empty yet I saw everyone who came through the door without an ADR turned away. I don't know if this is how LTT is all the time, but if this is the norm, I'd hate to see what it will be like on Thanksgiving day. However, I think you will be hard pressed to find any Thanksgiving day dinner reservations anywhere. I've been calling for the past few weeks trying to change or add a few ADRs and nothing is available anywhere, and I am not even trying for Thanksgiving Day. Good luck with whatever you decide. Like the other poster said, a crazy/bad day at Disney is better than a normal day at home.

Main Street Jim
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanksgiving *Day* is usually pretty light crowds. But that weekend gets pretty busy.

TheRustyScupper
11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanksgiving *Day* is usually pretty light crowds. But that weekend gets pretty busy.

1) Surprising true.
2) Last year, we got CRT lunch by walking up in the AM.
3) They had several openings 2-hrs later.

heidi614
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Funny, I think everyone thinks MK is going to be crowded so they go to the others. We have been 6 years on Thanksgiving Day and only one time was it too crowded, we usually walked right on rides. The days ahead of Thanksgiving as well as Thanksgiving Day were always fine. The weekend after is when it gets crazy :turkey: