PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate Resort

EpcotChic23
10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone, my husband and I are planning a trip for May/June of next year and looking at our budget we can afford to stay at one of the moderate resorts. We are thinking either Carabien or Cornado, since I have never stayed in eaither I would like to know what you think. Thank you in advance.:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Carribean beach - it is HUGE and nothing seems close by.

My parents recently stayed at Coronado and really enjoyed it.

~Amanda

vicster
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
We stayed at CBR in September and it was ok - just very large and some of the buildings can be far away from the food court. Also, the main pool is going to be closed when you go if that's something you want to consider. Friends of ours stayed at Coronado Springs and really liked it.

Wrigley
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I have stayed at both of the resorts and I would definately recomend Carribean Beach Resort. I love the theming! It is a beautiful resort. I never really thought that it seemed that huge. We always stay in Martinique which is very close to everything-Old Port Royale (food shopping, and arcarde), a bus stop, and the main pool. I would HIGHLY recomend the CBR!!!!!

IloveDisney71
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I have stayed at CBR but not at the CS.
We really enjoyed the CBR. We liked the fact that it was spread out. It was very quiet and calming. We did request a preferred room so we were close to the food court.

BronxTigger
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I have stayed at both. Honestly, I think they are about the same size. They are both a big circle with a lake in the middle.

My personal preference is Caribbean Beach because I just love the laid back, spread out, quiet tropical feel of the place.

However, during the time frame you are going, the main pool at CBR will be closed and the only pools will be the quiet pools (one per "village"). Coronado Springs has a wonderful pool and slide area, so if this is important to you, you should stay at Coronado Springs.

SurferStitch
10-31-2007, 04:15 PM
We've stayed at CBR, and we loved it!

We were in Aruba, and only had a 5-6 minute walk to the main building. It was a great walk in the morning on the way to breakfast. You walk miles throughout the day in the parks, so a quick 5 minute walk to breakfast is nothing. The resort just didn't seem that huge to us.

Our bus stop was about a minute away from our room. Very convenient. Bus service was pretty good...no problems there.

Our room was very clean and bright. Mousekeeping did a wonderful job.

If we stay in another moderate again, it will definitely be CBR.

Pigtunia
10-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Between the two, I would choose CBR because it's a little more centrally located. I never personally have stayed at either, but I've heard more good things about CBR over the years, specifically their theme-ing.

As for moderate resorts, we always stay at PO Riverside -- it's even more centrally located, and is nicely themed, especially if you're at the Alligator Bayou.

diannamouse
10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I suggest considering the Port Orleans French Quarter. It is the smallest of the moderate resorts. The pool is fantastic, the resort theme is great, the food court is very nice, and you are about equal distance from all of the parks (10 to 15 minute bus rides). It is our favorite place to stay!

TKDONALD
10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I Have Also Stayed At Both And Really Enjoyed Them.

PirateLover
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
The only Mod we've stayed at is CBR, and personally we'd never stay there again. Suffice it to say we had a lot of issues... but people have bad experiences at every resort I'm sure, we'd just like to try out other options before we head back to CBR. So that, coupled with the fact that the pool will be down, leads me to suggest going with CS. Our next mod will probably be POR.

King Triton
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Haven't stayed at Coronado yet, but would like to.

Have stayed at Caribbean Beach and enjoyed it very much. I would recommend making a room request before you go down though.

Taja
11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Another thread about moderates just reminded me...

...Swan or Dolphin, if you aren't concerned about DDP, package delivery or room charging privileges. If you can qualify for a discount and it is available, the rate can be close to moderate rack rate. Discounts usually are offered for AAA, AARP, teachers, military and government employees. I only qualify for the first two--which are pretty general. Don't know if the rates for the other options might be better.

Goofy Pluto
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I've stayed at CBR once and probably wouldn't again. It's not that it wasn't nice, but it just didn't have that Disney "vibe" to me. Whenever I had ever gone down there for a previous trip, you KNEW you were in WDW. I just didn't feel that there...

However, I'd like to second what a poster said above... Port Orleans Riverside is fantastic! Really had that Disney vibe I was looking for. We were only there for a few days but some day, when we can afford to, I can't wait to stay there again for an extended period. Great Resort!

So, anyway, CBR is OK, but I wouldn't stay there again. Recommend POR. I've never been to Coronado.