PDA

View Full Version : Wake up calls and turn down service

beksy
10-31-2007, 10:56 AM
This is our first time staying at a WDW resort and we are splurging and going with the Poly (can't wait!!). Anyway, I've been doing a lot of research because I love planning the trip and building up the excitement. I have heard about the wake up calls and turn down service that is available. As far as I've heard, the wake up calls are available to everyone if requested. Is this correct? Also, do I request one each day or all of them at once? The turn down service I've heard different reports about. One book said that if I requested it I could get it but somewhere else I heard that this is for concierge level only. :confused: Which is right and how do I request this if I can? The same as the wake up calls? This is also my first trip with just my sister and no parents so we want to enjoy as many new things as possible! TIA! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
I can answer one of the questions for you.

You will "program" your wakeup call each day utilizing your in-room phone. The button to push is well-marked, and it is an automated system which asks what date & time you want your wakeup call to be, and whether it is am or pm. You don't need to request this through an actual person.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly regarding turn-down service! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
We stayed at the Polynesian a few years back in a lagoon-view room (not concierge) and received turndown service when we requested it. So unless something has changed, I think it's available to everyone (upon request) although it might be standard for those staying in the club level rooms.

gardenia
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, anyone can request turn-down. But if housekeeping is busy, they might not get to you. Only concierge level is guaranteed turn-down.

That said, we got turn-down when we requested it at Poly. At Boardwalk Inn, we requested it three days in a row and NEVER got it.

illini
10-31-2007, 12:43 PM
i'm going to do a small little hijack since it's still basically on topic.

what does turn-down service include at disney? i know what it is elsewhere, but sometimes disney's definitions aren't the same as others (ie concierge).

thanks!

TammiMcMan
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
what does turn-down service include at disney? i know what it is elsewhere, but sometimes disney's definitions aren't the same as others (ie concierge).Replenishing towels and toiletries that you may have used during the day (after mousekeeping), emptying trash, removing any room service trays, turning beds down, leaving your room light on, leaving your radio or tv tuned in to the bedtime story channel, leaving an edible gift on your pillow and depending on the resort, maybe a little good night poem. If you are travelling with children, they will sometimes set up their stuffed animals in cute little designs. We've had ours sitting up reading a book, or watching tv with the remote in their hands.

beksy
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone! It's nice to get a definitive answer. One more thing to look forward to! :party:

ToDisney
11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
One more...
So do you have to make a request for turn down service everyday that you are there (or want it) Do you call housekeeping directly?
Sorry, 1st timer!:blush:

TammiMcMan
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
One more...
So do you have to make a request for turn down service everyday that you are there (or want it) Do you call housekeeping directly?
Sorry, 1st timer!:blush:You should call housekeeping from your room when you arrive. You can let them know if you want it on one specific night, or if you're requesting it for your entire stay. If you aren't staying on the club level, then the availability will be based on how much time they have.

ToDisney
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks Tammi,
Hope they won't be to busy for us:blush: