PDA

View Full Version : Have A Happy and Safe Halloween Everyone!

caryrae
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
:blackcat::bat::pumpkin:I hope all you adults and mainly kids have a very fun and safe Halloween. My wife and I are kinda excited this year. We don't have kids and we have never handed out candy on Halloween mostly because where we lived for a while there were only a couple of houses around. Now we live in a Townhome and there seems to be a bunch of kids around. So it should fun to see all the different costumes.:mpumpkin::witch::frank::scrow:

Oh yeah I hope you all are having fun watching "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" tonight.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I also would like to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! (:offtopic::blush:since me and my family will not be able to celebrate this year because of all of the construction on our house blocking our way to our attic to get our decorations. Also, not many people in our neighborhood hand out candy, because there are a lot of older citizens that don't buy candy, some people don't do Halloween, and there are a lot of people who go to our local town center and don't leave candy for other people) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!:mpumpkin::ghost::pumpkin::bat::frank:

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 01:46 AM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

:bat::mpumpkin::bat::mpumpkin::bat::mpumpkin::bat:

Jeremy
10-31-2007, 02:44 AM
Happy Halloween!
Hope all have fun and be safe!!
:pumpkin::ghost::frank::mpumpkin::bat::witch:

vizsla
10-31-2007, 06:15 AM
:mpumpkin::blackcat:Happy Halloween:blackcat::mpumpkin:

ldn324
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! :blackcat::bat::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin::witch::

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Our yard is fully decorated as a scary cemetery and we won first place in the town contest - our town is VERY big into Halloween.

We got about 100 kids last year and expect more this year. DH and I don't have human kids (we have kids with fur!) but we really enjoy seeing all of the kids and how they get a kick out of our decorations. Last year we had kids from about 2-3 years old up to about 17. Each and every one was as polite as they could be so I hope they all come back and bring their friends this year. Besides, I'd hate to have to eat 30 bags of candy all myself....:blush:

Hope everyone has a very happy and safe Halloween!

Dracula766
10-31-2007, 09:20 AM
:hmghost::blackcat::pumpkin::ghost:
It's the most wonderful time of the year.
:bat::mpumpkin::witch::frank:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

SgtTigger
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Happy Halloween

After 2 years of not working Halloween I will be dressed as a Sheriff's Deputy again this year......... Yep I have to work..... but I do fell good about it because it means we have people back in there houses and kids to Trick or Treat...... SO Hope to see lots of kids this year......

Happy Halloween again

:mpumpkin::blackcat::pumpkin:

:cop: :tigger:

ChipDale
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM
:ghost: Happy :ghost: Halloween :ghost: Everybody! :ghost:

Don't bother to stop by my house for trick or treats, 'cause I'll be out Trick or Drinking! :beer: :cheers:

bleukarma
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Happy Halloween everybody!!! I hope everybody has a safe one!

As far as me, I’m passing out candy to the neighborhood kids. We had a pretty big turnout last year and I expect the same this year. I would love to go home and curl up on the couch and watch scary movies, but the neighborhood kids knock down mail boxes and egg houses when it’s NOT Halloween. I want to keep the kids happy, so I guess I should give them candy!

Everyone enjoy!

Hayden's Dad
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

This will be our first time taking Hayden around for tricks or treats!!!

caryrae
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Since we have never handed out candy before and don't know how many kids we will have, how many pieces of those mini candy bars is a good amount to give each kids 1 or 2 pieces or more?

Melanie
10-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Since we have never handed out candy before and don't know how many kids we will have, how many pieces of those mini candy bars is a good amount to give each kids 1 or 2 pieces or more?

We usually give 2 pieces - usually one chocolate, then some other kind of candy, like a peanut butter kiss, pack of candy corn, etc.

:pumpkin: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :pumpkin:

caryrae
10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
We usually give 2 pieces - usually one chocolate, then some other kind of candy, like a peanut butter kiss, pack of candy corn, etc.

Great thanks, we should be gettin kids anytime now.

pixiegoose
10-31-2007, 07:43 PM
:pumpkin:Happy Halloween!! :pumpkin:
I love Halloween and decorating for it and dressing up. Unfortunately, the past 2 years we haven't had any trick-or-treaters come by and this year I have to work until 9 (yes, I'm posting at work- bad me!) so by the time I get home, trick-or-treating will be over.

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 11:07 PM

What is (or was) Halloween like in Okinawa? :mpumpkin:

PirateLover
11-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I had an adorable kid tonight... it was his first time out trick-or-treating and I was one of the first houses. He timidly comes up and says "Trick-or-treat... oh, I hope it's a treat!!" Just for that I gave him extra. ;)

I'm a pretty generous candy giver because we always end up with too much. We had more this year than last year, which was nice. I give up to 4 pieces but usually stick to 2 or 3. If you're not wearing a costume you only get one. I wish I could give out rocks like in Great Pumpkin, but knowing the kids who don't wear costumes, that rock would go right through my window.

Melanie
11-01-2007, 01:26 AM
What is (or was) Halloween like in Okinawa? :mpumpkin:

Since we live on base with other Americans, it's just like it is at home. What's interesting is that the Japanese do not observe Halloween, but more recently (from what I understand), the Okinawans have begun to adopt the holiday and like to come on base to trick or treat. The children are so cute! It's great camaraderie with our host nation.

SgtTigger
11-01-2007, 02:04 AM
After 2 years of not working Halloween I will be dressed as a Sheriff's Deputy again this year......... Yep I have to work..... but I do fell good about it because it means we have people back in there houses and kids to Trick or Treat...... SO Hope to see lots of kids this year......[/COLOR]

OK so where I worked tonight we had tons of kids......
At the new house Sherrie said we only had one kid.......... Oh well maybe more next year........

:cop: :tigger:

ldn324
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
We had about what we expected - around 100 kids.

My favorite costume was about a 14-15 year old boy who was dressed like a Revolutionary War man (don't know what you'd call him). His costume was awesome and very well thought out. Spooky thing is, we have a cemetery in our yard (temporary for Halloween of course :thumbsup:) and a fog machine. Here comes this kid dressed up like a member of the Revolutionary War, carring a flag and walking through a graveyard in the mist. It was really pretty spooky - yet moving at the same time.

The most polite group of the night was a group of about 10 teen girls - probably 13-15 years old. Some were in costume, some weren't, but they were so nice. They posted for pics in front of our yard and told us what a nice job we did decorating. I gave them extra handfulls of candy ;).

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween!!