PDA

View Full Version : Tt Or Soarin...which One First?

DONROCK
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Plan on being at Epcot at rope drop. Which ride would you head to first...Test Track or Soarin?

dog-ears
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Soarin. Mostly because we like Soarin better than TT. Also we have done this - waited for opening and then raced with the crowd to Soarin - it really did help the wait time but I think it also depends on how crowded the park is that day in general.

JPL
10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Grab a Fastpass for Soarin and then head over to ride TT using the Standby line. The thing with TT is the constant breakdowns and delays it has throughout the day. A few drops of rain fall and the attractions is down for hours :rolleyes: I have seen it running in the morning and down the rest of the day on multiple occaisions. It's actually a running a joke with me I seem to end up with a TT fast pass I couldn't use because of breakdown every single time I visit Epcot. It has gotten to the point that I don't even bother attempting to ride any more.

tadshome
10-30-2007, 07:38 PM
At park opening you might be better to go straight onto Soarin using the standby lane and then either wait in line for Test track or fast pass it and maybe do something like Ellens whilst waiting for the fast pass time.

caryrae
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I think you should get FP for Soarin then get on TT too. Soarin will probably fill up faster so if you get a FP for soaring then head right for TT you should be able to get on TT pretty fast. Like JPL says TT is known for breaking down for part of the day or all day get on it early just incase it does break down.

wedway76
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Add me to the FP Soarin group too. As others have said TT always breaks down.

Once we went planned to spend the AM in EPCOT with the sole purpose of riding TT. I forget what we had planned for the afternoon. We went directly to TT and the FP Return time was already something like 1:00 PM which was later than we wanted to stay, but we decided to wait it out. At 1:00 we returned to get on the ride the FP line was over an hour long! :mad: It seemed that the ride was down all morning. We left late for our afternoon plans and never got to ride TT.

DONROCK
10-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the great tips! We will grab Soarin FPs then go on over to Test Track.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree, get the FP for Soarin' and do the single rider line for TT if you can. If you get there early enough, you might be able to go right on Soarin'and if there isn't a long wait, get the FP before you ride.

Sweezy
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
funny enough we tend to do the opposite...fp test track and then head over to soarin as quickly as poss.

PirateLover
10-30-2007, 11:40 PM
It depends on the season in my opinion. If you are there at rope drop in off season, I think you would be ok riding Soarin', fastpassing it again for later, and then heading over to Test Track. If it is one of the more crowded times, then I would join the rest of the replies in recommending you FP Soarin' and head over to TT.

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Agreed. Fastpass Soarin' and standby TT. You probably have time to grab a bite in between and check out the shops and pin station before heading back.

The above posts confirm what we experienced -the outrageous Soarin' wait times and the somewhat long FP return wait are due to design weaknesses and the novelty of the ride. For most it is still a new ride and it does take a few seasons or years before the novelty phase wears off.

Trixie1822
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I join the fastpass Soarin. You will have the time to take fastpass and ride TT in no time... It works for us !

JWB3
10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree, get the FP for Soarin' and do the single rider line for TT if you can. If you get there early enough, you might be able to go right on Soarin'and if there isn't a long wait, get the FP before you ride.

I agree - the single line for TT is the way to go - usually faster than a FP. But first ride Soarin' AND get a fast pass. Go to TT and use the single line, and then back to Soarin' with the FP.

#1donaldfan
10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Soarin as standby, but just prior FP it.....then over to MS / TT.......have fun....

Tez
10-31-2007, 02:26 PM
We hit Soarin as soon as EPCOT opened! When we got off Soarin we got a FP to ride it again later. We then headed over to Test Track and rode that. Depending on how long that takes you there you might might be able to pick up another fast pass for Mission Space or Test Track before you head over to do your fast pass ride for Soarin. Soarin was so popular when we were there they were sold out of FP by 11:00 for the day! The wait line was REALLY REALLY LONG! Believe me the ride is worth it and not to be missed!

jwallace378
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I'd get a FP for Soarin and then head directly to TT.

Haunt1000
10-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Get the Soarin fastpass and do TT first. With the Soarin fastpass you get a seat up twoards the front and that ends up higher over the jumbotron. I only ride Soarin with the FP!:beer:

brogan54
10-31-2007, 06:45 PM
get fp for soarin and head to tt we did this a couple of times :mickey:

Lightning McQueen
10-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Okay not to make things complicated, but what if you throw Mission: Space into the mix? We want to do all. What is the best strategy in this case?

Thanks for your help!

Bethanymouse
10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
We always head for Soarin. Fast pass it and ride it and then head for test track to ride- check our fast pass- if time permits get a fp for tt and then go from there. Good luck!