PDA

View Full Version : Potty Issues for Little Kids at the Parks

jetsdc
10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there are bathrooms specially designed with toddlers in mind at the parks? Any with lower toilets for those who are relatively new to the whole potty thing? A lot of malls have these now (typically in so-called "family" restrooms, where you can close the door and have some space rather than just a stall).

If there are no specific toddler-friendly restrooms, anyone have any advice on which regular restrooms are best for learning potty-goers? Do the baby-changing centers (like the one on Main Street) have regular bathrooms too? Or just changing stations? Those might be a little quieter and less intimidating to a toddler...

Buttercup
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, there aren't any of the lower "toddler toilets" at the parks. There are, however, larger handicapped washrooms throughout the parks -- where there's only one stall in the whole washroom. I've been known to sneak in there if there aren't any people in wheelchairs needing to get in :secret: -- I keep my husband outside watching for anyone who legitimately needs the handicapped washroom. The baby change centres do have washrooms in them, but that can be a bit of a hike if you're in, say, Tomorrowland and suddenly your kid's gotta go... you might not make it in time.

One thing that I have that is a god-send is a "foldable potty seat". My little guy is 3 but still falls through the hole of a regular toilet. I found this plastic toilet seat that sits right on top of a regular toilet, but makes the hole smaller... AND it folds up into quarters so it's nice n' small! It comes with a nice thick plastic carrying case as well so everything is well contained inside our backpack.
I bought it at Winners up here in Canada -- I'm not sure where you'd find it in the USA though. Winners is sort-of like TJ Maxx in the states. If you don't mind shopping online, you can google "folding potty seat" and you'll see tons of them.

offwego
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
The auto flushers can be annoying. Post it notes will work to stop them till your ready.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
You can find a portable seat that folds into quarters through One Step Ahead, either in their catalog or online. They are great when you are away from home to make any toilet more toddler or preschooler friendly.

Flower
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
There is a small toilet located in the MGM baby Care Center, and it is THE ONLY toilet - adults have to run across the 'street' - MGM's baby care center is small compared to EPCOT & MK.

The MK baby care center has 3 regular toilet stalls and is co-ed.

EPCOT has a nice care center - I am not sure if there are little-people toilets there or not, I don't recall using the 'facilities;' there - TMI:blush:

We were not in the baby center at AK.

The baby care centers were a nice break from the parks, especially MK & EPCOT. There are televisions that play cartoons - DH would get a treat for our 3 year old and sit and watch the movies while I fed the baby. (:offtopic:The breast feeding rooms are comfortable too - MGM was the most private) It was a very relaxing atmosphere, the only problem is that there are on;y 1 in each park.

There are 'companion restrooms' located in the parks & DTD, but they are spread out a bit - NOTE: the companion restroom in fantasyland did not have a baby changing station which was a hindrance for a lady who went in ahead of me with her handicapped older child - this was the only 1 I used that did NOT have a changing station. I had to use the companion rooms with the double-stroller as it would not fit in the regular handi-capped stalls (Yes, I let anyone disabled go ahead of me).

Yes - post -it notes are awesome, our little guy was afraid of the self-flushing toilets too. :ROTFL:

Stormer
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I purchased the fold up toilet seats at Babies R Us. I think I have also seen them in Walmart.

mickey&missy
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I definitely agree with the fold up potty seat! I thought I was the only person who, at one point or another, carried one of those around WDW!!

The post it notes on the autoflush are also VERY helpful. With a little one on the potty it will tend to flush and flush. It's very powerful and loud, it can scare them to death!!

Remember to check with the little on before getting on line for a ride. Nothing stinks more then almost getting to the end of the line and hearing "I have to go, now!"

Enjoy your vacation!!!

luvourtwo
11-03-2007, 10:26 PM
We plan to take "Potty Toppers" with us. They are durable, waterproof, large disposable liners that stick to the top of the toilet seat. They overlap any seat I have ever used them on so that the entire seat is covered. This allows our little onces to put their hands down on the sides to keep from falling in. They are not flushable, so it is sometimes a little inconvenient if there is not a trash can in the stall. The ones we have are labled "Nick, Jr" and have a Dora design.