PDA

View Full Version : DP Counter Service without Kid meals?

luvourtwo
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I know there are countless posts about the limited choices for children on the dining plan, and I agree that my kids will not enjoy much on the kids menu. Does anyone have a list of the Dining Plan Counter Service options that do not have kid's meals so the kids are allowed to order adult choices?

JPL
10-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Every CS has a kid's menu as far as I know.

Figment!
10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Currently, the following locations do not offer a kid's menu:
Casey's Corner
Catalina Eddie's
Cool Wash Pizza
Pete's Doggone Good dogs
Pizza Planet
Sommerfest
Toluca Turkey Legs Company
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

LibertyTreeGal
11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks Jason -- but this is small comfort since these places all either seem to have pizza, fried foods or hot dogs for their menu.... no wonder they don't have kid's menus, that IS the standard Disney kids' menu! :rolleyes:

JPL
11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
See I know they are CS places but for some reason I never lump those places in with CS restaurants. I see them more as a concession stand with exception of Casey's. And if I'm not mistaken Casey's use to have Hot Dog Bites for the kids a while back

septembergirl
11-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks Jason -- but this is small comfort since these places all either seem to have pizza, fried foods or hot dogs for their menu.... no wonder they don't have kid's menus, that IS the standard Disney kids' menu! :rolleyes:

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking!

luvourtwo
11-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the list.

Looks like I better develop a liking for chicken nuggets and jello.

Oh well, we basically decided on the dining plan because of the cost of character meals. For our family of four, the cost of the dining plan each day about pays for our character dinners. The counter services and snacks are just a bonus.

princessesmom
11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
This is one of the reasons we don't get the dining plan. I did want to mention though, that Sunshine Season's in Epcot has a couple of children's items that are not typical "kid" fare. My son got a chicken leg and mashed potatoes from the children's menu there. I also just looked up the menu and they have chicken stir fry also.

magicofdisney
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
In reality, hot dogs are RARELY on the kid's menu.

bkfree
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=luvourtwo;1465237]

Looks like I better develop a liking for chicken nuggets and jello.QUOTE]

We use the DP and I have two rather picky eaters, one of which is my son who has autism and some eating sensory issues.
I have to admit after all my obsessing and fretting over the kids meal choices before our trip, it went great. They did not live off of chix nuggets and my daughter will not touch a hot dog. My two ate great, had variety and we found the restaurants very accomodating to our requests. I do want to add that I spent time before our trip perusing all the menus and planning our ADR's and meals accordingly.
We had a TS each day. At Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and Park Fare the buffets were great and my kids could whatever they wanted from adult or kids areas. Spoodles and La Cellier had really good kids items and Marrakesh was also very accomodating. We actually planned our days so that other than dinner at CP, we ate no other meals at MK, which I think has the least desirable food altogether. We managed to eat our CS meals at World Showcase, which had much better variety for all of us or in the Boardwalk area.
The day we ate at Chef Mickey's, we had a 10am seating, so it served as brunch, spent the day at MK then scooted over to WS for a great CS dinner at one of the countries.
I also want to say that the few times my kids did eat the kiddie meals, they were pretty good, no jello in sight and they willing made side substituions for us off the regular menu. And they usually got ice cream for dessert.
We are happily opting for the DP next trip, we realized not only did we save tons of cash but we ate really well, kiddos included.:thumbsup: