PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have reviews on the new Italian Resturant at Epcot?

Mom2princesses
10-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I was just curious to hear how good the food is. I know it is expensive but can anyone give their experience on the quality of the food including apps and deserts?

I you have a review I would love to hear all about it!

Thanks in advance!

JPL
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
I have heard a few reviews that is extremely expensive sub par Italian food. I am yet to hear anything positive about it. With that being is is still in the transition period so maybe it will improve.

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
There have been both good and bad reviews of Tutto Italia, but one of the good (and encouraging ones) can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1450204&postcount=6).

Tiggerish
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I ate there at the beginning of this month. It was okay.

I found the menu to be limited, esp. since DH is a picky eater, and the prices gave me sticker shock, but at the end of the meal I didn't feel like I had spent any more than I would have at any othere WDW TS restaurant.

The bread was good, the meal was good, the server was extremely knowledgeable (he suggested I pair a different wine with my chicken than I was choosing; it was one that I had never had before and it was just perfect).

As I read what I've written, I can't explain why I would say it was just "okay", but there you go. I guess I've come to expect more than just "good" from my Disney Dining Experiences. :)

KarenP
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
We had dinner at Tutto Italia a couple of weeks ago. We were very much looking forward to trying this restaurant and we were not disappointed. It was very beautiful and elegant inside. Our server was Vivianna and she was awesome. We started with bread which was very fresh and delicious. We did not want to fill up on the bread (which I could easily do) so we did not get more when our server wanted to refill our basket. For an appetizer we got the the antipasto which was listed as the chef's selection of various appetizers and specialties. It included prosciutto, salami, roasted peppers, eggplant, mozzarella, artichokes, marinated cauliflower, olives and lots more. For entrees our party had the Bucattini Pasta with prosciutto, peas and parmesan cheese, Paccheri Large Pasta Tubes with little meatballs, and the Ligurian Trofie Pasta with a basil pinenut pesto, potatoes and fagiolini green beans. The portions were large enough for sharing in my opinion. All were very good. I had the Cannoli for dessert and it was out of this world! The others liked their desserts too. They had the chocolate gelati, pistachio gelati and the Copetta Sotto Bosco which is berries, zabaglione cream gelato and chocolate sauce. The food was very good and the service was excellent. This was our favorite meal this trip.