PDA

View Full Version : extra magic hours

disneyplates
10-30-2007, 01:48 AM
We will be going to WDW in June 2008. We have not been there since 2001, when you had to pay extra to stay in the park one evening. :mickey:
Has anyone been in the parks for extra hours during the month of June and how were the crowds and waiting times? Since this is open to all resort guests now, and probably more crowded, is it worth while to stay for extra hours? Thanks

MCFantasia
10-30-2007, 02:52 AM
Never been to EMH during June but I have been to them several times. These days, the crowds at EMH are very similar to the crowds you would have if it wasn't EMH. So many people attend them that there is very little notice in crowds after the park "closes". It isn't so much that you're getting a less crowded park... but that you're being allowed to say later than non-resort guests.

Hope that helps... and makes sense. :blush:

tadshome
10-30-2007, 03:50 AM
I was at WDW in late June/early July 2006 and found that the EMH were great, the parks were still busy but nowhere near as busy as during the day. By comparison i used EMH in August this year and found that the EMH were so busy that we ended up leaving the parks and heading to Downtown to catch a film or Disneyquest.

jrpersinger
10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Last June (June 24-30) we found that the crowds really thinned out during Evening Magic Hours. We didn't really wait on anything. Maybe 5-10 min at the most.

Morning hours were INSANE! We plan to avoid those this time around.

tennantsrwe
10-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi!
We've been there when it's not crowded, and at other times it's hectic. Although not usually as bad as a 'mid day' crowd. FYI if resort guests have the Park Hopper they sometimes only come to the specific EMH park for those EMH hours. So it might seem like an influx of people, we ran in to that at MK once. Hope you have fun!

IloveDisney71
10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
The crowds will much heavier than when you had to "pay" to stay later. I've done the nights where we had to pay to stay and the EMH. The crowds are much heavier during the free EMH.

murphy1
10-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I think it also depends when in June. We were there right after Memorial Day and it was great during EMH. It can get crowded later June due to school being out.

MOJoe
10-30-2007, 03:49 PM
We were in WDW the 2nd week of June this year. We took full advantage of evening EMH each day of an 8 day trip. The only time the crowds were unmanageable was at Magic Kingdom on Saturday night. Even at 1:00 a.m. lines were over an hour for Space Mountain. But on other evenings at other parks, EMH worked great. Epcot was especially enjoyable.
Enjoy your June trip! We sure did!

laprana
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
We've taken advantage of EMH's the last two Junes (2007 & 2006) and found them to be really manageable. We were there the last couple days of May/first week of June. I was never able to get up early enough to do any morning EMH's :blush:, but DBf did one day for Animal Kingdom and he said it was great. He rode Everest two times in a row and did the safari - all in 1 hour! We did most of the evening EMH's while we were there and loved them. The crowds could be a little heavy right as EMH's started, but they really thinned out after the first hour or so. We went to MK twice for evening EMH's this past June and hardly had to wait in line for anything! We walked right onto POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan - pretty much everything. The only thing I think we had to wait a little while for was Space Mountain, and even that was only 20 minutes or so. :coaster: I think EMH's are definitely worth it!