PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Help

pluto 77
10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I just got off the phone with Disneyland CA reservations trying to book my theme park tickets and tours for my upcoming trip. I initially tried to call member services for this but was told that they could not book any tickets of any kind and that I had to go directly through DL. So i called DL today and was told that they can't book my tickets either cause i used DVC.

So... i was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to get my tickets. I want a hard ticket because we will be there for a week. Should i have them sent to my house or get them there? The same goes for my tours because they will be disney and non disney.

Finally, when using DVC points do you always have to purchase everything separately? I always loved WDW because it's so easy to get everything ahead of time. :confused:

I am sure many of you can shed some light on this. Its our first time using our new DVC so if we were misinformed please let us know:mickey:

wendy*darling
10-29-2007, 08:01 PM
When we used points at the Disneyland Hotel in 2005, we just purchased our tickets separately. I bought them through the DL website, or maybe I called them directly, but in any event - how or where I was staying was not even mentioned.

When you use points for a DVC stay, you are not part of any package- even at WDW. You may have APs, as many members do- so you wouldn't want tickets tied to your room.
It's just a different way of vacationing.

J.T.Toad
10-30-2007, 09:03 AM
It’s pretty easy to purchase them at the front gate. The Office usually opens about a half hour earlier than the park. You might try your local AAA office as well.

SignguyTom
10-30-2007, 10:51 AM
We bought a 3-Day parkhopper for our DD's friend a couple nights ago. We purchased it online through the Disneyland Website and saved $20 ($159 instead of $179) by doing it online. At checkout, we were given a choice for ticket delivery options, at a minimal extra cost. It was free, however to print it. It says you take your printout to the turnstiles (not the ticket window) and they convert the prinout to your ticket there. Not sure of the exact process, but that's what it says. The lines to get in get long fast, so hopefully this will get us closer to the front at gate opening. :thumbsup:

pluto 77
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the advice! :mickey: I was just a little down because no one from disney would book tickets. I was wondering how the tickets you prink at home work,so i am glad that they seem to be easy. I think thats what we will do.... Does anyone know if they give you a hard ticket or if they put it on your room key? We will be there 1 week so i hope its a hard plastic ticket, but if not it's no big deal WE WILL STILL HAVE A BLAST!!!!:)

tundramom
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
When we went last year we bought 5 day hoppers and they were on rigid paper, just like our WDW AP's. A word to the wise..we found ourselves hard pressed to find enough to stay busy in the parks for 5 days, let alone a whole week. It is so much smaller there, wonderfully nostalgic and all but the size makes it easier to get a lot done in a day.:mickey:

dlpmikki
10-31-2007, 05:33 AM
When we bought the 3 day park hoppers in advance a couple of years ago they included one day where you could get in the park early (like EMH but not as crowded). I think the 4 day hoppers included two early entries.

DonLefNY
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
We purchased ours at the front gate the time we used points out there.