PDA

View Full Version : Rasul Treatment Anyone done this?

maxmolly
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Has anyone done the Rasul treatment? Was it worth it? As far as the cost with this is it $83 each or for both and does this get you access to the rainforest room. Thanks for any help.

tinktude
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I have this booked for our January cruise, so I am anxious to hear some info too!!!

When are you cruising?

maxmolly
10-31-2007, 09:09 PM
We are cruising Jan 13 how about you?

angedeaile
11-01-2007, 02:14 AM
I have this booked for our January cruise, so I am anxious to hear some info too!!!

When are you cruising?

I have also booked it for our January cruise!

We are big kids and a chance to play with mud is definitely our idea of relaxing!

Anywho, I have heard many wonderful things about it after a quick google search on the topic. Hopefully the great comments will be accurate when it comes time for our turn around!

Although, I am surprised no one here on Intercot has tried it first hand. I wish I could read some input from someone who has done it recently since I have heard some folks say there were three kinds of mud and some say there is only one.

As for the price, I called and the CM I spoke to says it would be a total of $83, not per since it is a couple treatment.

And it appears that yes, you get access to the rainforest room or so I have read on other sites.

tinktude
11-01-2007, 10:37 PM
We are cruising Jan 3-6 on the Disney Wonder.

I can't wait...this will be our first cruise, just some mommy and daddy time, no kids!!!

TammiMcMan
11-02-2007, 08:05 PM
This is a family site, so I'll keep it clean, but from all the first hand reports that I've heard, it's sort of more like couples play time :secret:. I took the tour, basically, it's a room off the hallway, with a very hard bench that you can sit on and disrobe, then there's a shower that's big enough for two. It's been recommended that you bring in lots of extra towels if you want some padding. Hopefully they use a very strong disenfectant after every use. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion, but for $83, I'll take the privacy and comfort of our own stateroom ;).

PirateStitch
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Last March, my husband and I couldn't decide on a spa treatment. He has this thing with people touching him, so we decided on the $83 treatment. We were actually kind of decided. We got there and our excitment kind of quickly disappeared to uncomfortablness. You are sent to seperate rooms to put on robes and slippers. Well, the robes that they supply you with aren't meant for women or men with any curves. Both my husband and myself walk out in pants with me trying to hold the robe closed without exposing my chest. We just kind of looked at each other and then were directed to the room.
The actual room is really neat. They give you lots of fun stuff to rub onto each other and then you go and sit in the steam room. It can be very romantic and sensual. However, book at the beginning of your cruise bc steam and sunburns do not mix well. After your done with the steam then you go and shower together. Everything you need from soap, shampoo, massage lotion etc is provided. Make sure you leave enough time to shower bc the mud tha you apply while steaming can be tough to get off.
They provide you with slippers. But, I'd recommend bringing your own shower slippers. The floor gets very very flooded and makes it difficult to dress afterwards. So plan accordingly and bring extra towels.
The experince was not up our alley. We would never book this treatment again. We didn't even stay the whole hour. Between the steam, sunburns, and difficulty getting the mud off we could not stop laughing. But, many people will enjoy this treatment !!! I'd recommend the couples massage though.

pinkpebble83
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone, we just got home from our cruise on Thursday. We did do the rasul on our cruise and can't say enough how wonderful it was. It was our honeymoon and worth every dime. When you arrive you do have to go into separate locker room areas to change and the robes they supplied I thought were perfectly fine as well as the slippers (I wore them a total of 2 minutes). After you change you lay in the chaises in a room with some aroma thearapy then a woman came in and got me, we both also took big fluffy towels from the chaise room with us. This whole process took no longer than 10 minutes. We then went to the room and there is a shower to the left, a long seat in the middle, and a steam room with three seats. She then expalined to us what was left in the room on plates. There was one glop to use for exfoliating each other, another glop of mud, and three half empty bottles of mis. soaps (you could not take them with you). She told us to do the exfoliant, steam, then shower and repeat with the mud. We didn't do it as she said but it still worked find. She then tells you she will come back in 40 minutes and knock which is your 10 minute warning. It was a very nice treatment and inside the steam room there are 3 steats that when you sit in them and turn on the water it is like slightly cold which feels great in the steam. There is also a sink in the middle of the steam room to rinse hands, etc. The only semi aanoying thing was that to turn on the shower water or steam water you have to press a button on the wall and it only stays on for 1 minute, so we had to constantly press the button. We found the 40 minutes to be plenty of time and were just finishing when she came to knock. I would do this treatment again in a heartbeat!