PDA

View Full Version : Eating in the parks...

ukwes21
10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
How much should I plan money wise for eating one meal a day in the parks. This is for two people. Eating at places like Prime Time Cafe, Rainforrest, and one of the countries at Epcot.

tiaramom
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
I Would Take $60 For Meal And $10 For Trip
To Be Safe
Incl. Reg. Beverage
Apps
Entrees
Desserts
Coffee/tea

Tip And Tax

Most Of The Time The Bill Is Less
But Just In Case Be Safe..

I Would Say I Would Spend Approx
That..or Less

wendy*darling
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM
It will depend on whether you are eating lunch or dinner.
For lunch- I think the above poster is correct.
For dinner- I would estimate closer to $100 for 2 adults. That's if you eat 3 courses and have a beverage. You can spend more, and you can definitely spend less. That's just a "being prepared" ballpark.

DDuck66
10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
We usually average about $150 per day for me and my DW. Some days it is more and some less. We like to do a lot of the character meals which are usually more expensive. If you want to be a "real" planner, you can do what we do, which is look at the menu's and figure out how much we will spend on our meals. We always figure on the high end.
Most days we will have 2 TS meals and one CS meal.

DessertDivaFL
10-30-2007, 12:23 PM
If you want to be a "real" planner, you can do what we do, which is look at the menu's and figure out how much we will spend on our meals.

That is a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Tygger7
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
It will depend on whether you are eating lunch or dinner.
For lunch- I think the above poster is correct.
For dinner- I would estimate closer to $100 for 2 adults. That's if you eat 3 courses and have a beverage. You can spend more, and you can definitely spend less. That's just a "being prepared" ballpark.

Totally agree. Even if you're doing counter service, I'd plan $50-$60 for lunch. If you plan on doing any of the "exclusive" restaurants (Artist Point, California Grill, Yachtsman Steak House, etc.) plan $150-$200 for dinner for 2.

If you want to do any of the dinner shows, like Hoop Dee Doo, book VERY early and be prepared to spend $50-$70 per person depending on where you want to sit.

Now I'm getting hungry thinking about all this wonderful food! :cloud9:

#1donaldfan
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
I think Wendy*Darling has hit it on the head. You should be ok with that......have fun.:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
DH and I have never been on the dining plan, so everything is OOP. We "VERY loosly" plan on $75 per day. That's $37.50 each, and is just a guide. If we have coffee and pastry in the morning, we'll do a big lunch, and snack at dinnertime. If we have a character breakfast, that's pretty much it until dinner.

Basically, some days we spend less, and others a little more, so it's a close mark. We make three ADR's for the week - the rest of the time - it's a burger or whatever.

We're both approaching our mid-60's, and are miserable when we're too full, so too much food is no fun. We won't miss Boma's, but that's really our only "have to" spot. The time we save not having to be at a podium 20 min. ahead, being seated, ordering, etc. is time we can enjoy Disney at our pace.

It works for us. I'll never put down anyone who's got a list and time line, but we enjoy it a little more laid back and spontaneous.:)

morebroccoli
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
DH and I have never been on the dining plan, so everything is OOP. We "VERY loosly" plan on $75 per day. That's $37.50 each, and is just a guide. If we have coffee and pastry in the morning, we'll do a big lunch, and snack at dinnertime. If we have a character breakfast, that's pretty much it until dinner.

Basically, some days we spend less, and others a little more, so it's a close mark. We make three ADR's for the week - the rest of the time - it's a burger or whatever.

We're both approaching our mid-60's, and are miserable when we're too full, so too much food is no fun. We won't miss Boma's, but that's really our only "have to" spot. The time we save not having to be at a podium 20 min. ahead, being seated, ordering, etc. is time we can enjoy Disney at our pace.

It works for us. I'll never put down anyone who's got a list and time line, but we enjoy it a little more laid back and spontaneous.:)

this is sooo true Marilyn!! this is exacty how i've always done it price and pace wise with dealing with dining at disney. great advice and i am totally with you on being too full and it ruining my mood! :sick: My dh and i will often just split an entree and a side and feel more than satisfied! servings are usually so large theres more than enough.