PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Service at WL

Purpleville
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Trying to find out about laundry services at the WL. We are going to be in Florida 11/8-17 (WL 12-17). We have used the self service in the past, but my DW doesn't want to spend the time in there (this trip) if she doesn't have to.
Does disney (pref WL) have laundry service or are there nearby cleaners around that can do this kind of thing (laundry by the bag)?

Has anyone else done this? What is a reasonable price?:confused: Thanks

Taja
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
WL is one of the deluxe resorts, so I'm guessing they would have valet (laundry/dry cleaning) service. However, it is by the piece and is far from reasonable! My last valet price list is from CSR in December 2004, and laundering one pair of men's briefs was $2 or $2.50. :eek:

You might want to check the internet for the Lake Buena Vista area to see if a laundry service is available offsite.

It really doesn't take that long to do a load of laundry--except immediately after park closing! Then it's a zoo!

MNNHFLTX
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
If the Wilderness Lodge is like the other resorts (at least the moderates that I have recently stayed at), I'm sure they will have a laundry service. It will not be a "by the bag" service, however, but priced according to individual items. As you can imagine, this gets expensive. For example, a pair of shorts would be $5.00 and a pair of pants $6.00. There should be a bag and price list attached to one of the hangers in the rooms, if you decide to go this route.

I'm sure there is a laundromat/dry cleaning companies nearby that would be more economical, but with having to cart your stuff there and back, you might be better off just doing it yourself onsite.