PDA

View Full Version : confusion about Fantasmic! package - HELP!

mousetrapper
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Just wanted to share something frustrating I'm trying to work through right now, and see if anyone can provide any insight. It's a bit complicated, so please bear with me...

We booked the Fantasmic! package for Monday, Nov. 19. Our ADR was originally a rather early one at Brown Derby but would give us plenty of time to head over to the 6:30 show. Then Disney Dining called to say that a second show of Fantasmic! had been added that evening - so there's a 6:30 and an 8 pm show - and asked if we wanted to eat a little later in the evening.

The CM talked with my DH, as I wasn't home at the time. DH went ahead and changed the ADR to the later time.

My question to my DH was, which Fantasmic! show are we to attend? DH didn't know. So I called back and asked, and the CM (a different one than my DH had spoken to) told me you always eat first then go to the show (so you can get your vouchers at the restaurant), so we should attend the 8 pm show.

I just called Disney Dining to change another ADR and asked about the Fantasmic! package just to be sure. This CM (yet a different one!) said, no, we should go to the 6:30 show then to dinner afterward because they don't do the Fantasmic! package later in the evening.

The CM offered to check, and while I was on hold, we were disconnected (the Disney Dining survey started asking me questions! ;)). As I wait for her to call me back(!), I thought I'd post this dilemma here.

We've done the Fantasmic! dinner package every trip but we've never had this issue come up....

Can anyone help??

Thanks!

robhink
10-29-2007, 01:27 PM
The Fantasmic Dining Package is only for the first show of the night.

mousetrapper
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks. So would I get my voucher at Guest Services prior to the show?

jpH/keD
10-29-2007, 02:49 PM
We had this exact same thing happen to us!! Someone called and didnt leave a message but I could tell it was Disney calling on our called id. But we werent home the first 2 times they called! Our ADRs are at 4pm and the original only show was at 7. Then they added 2 shows and changed the times to 6:30 and 8pm. We are going on Tues Nov 20th. When I finally got to call someone they said we could go to guest services w/ our adr #s and get a voucher for which ever show we wanted. We wanted to be up front and have no mistakes so we told the CM we would prefer the 8pm show so we could see the OL between dinner and the show. The CM assured me that we could choose.

Hey if you want the first show, you are in a win win situation. If you miss the show due to dinner being late! Just switch before the second show! :) Enjoy!!

wendy*darling
10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
This must be a new policy.
The Fantasmic Dinner Package was previously ONLY available for the first show of the evening, and you could ONLY get your vouchers from your server at dinner.

If you can get the voucher at Guest Relations and then eat afterwards, that would be great. I imagine they would charge your credit card even if you didn't get to dinner though.

I would call a couple more times (and even ask for a supervisor) to verify the new rules. This being so new and different, I am sure not all of the CMs know what is going on.

mousetrapper
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I think it must be a special policy. That's how the CM made it sound to my DH, but again, since I didn't get the call, I can't say for sure - my poor DH is clueless when it comes to all the Disney planning and wouldn't even know to ask!

The CM did tell my DH to go to Guest Services earlier that day, so maybe we do get to choose which show we want to see. We also would prefer the later one so we can see the OL - but either one should be good because that's an EMH night at the Studios and as I understand it, the OL will stay on late too!

Oh the things we have to worry about...!:mickey:

jpH/keD
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
My thinking was since we made our ADRs so well in advance and then they not only added a show but changed the time of the 1st show afterwards that they figured they had to offer a choice. I made a point to mention the fact that I thought the package was only offered for the earlier show but she assured me that we could choose. I was very panicked about missing the show since my friends' dinner did run over and they actually missed the show all together last Thanksgiving. I hope they are planning to honor this as this is what we are going on! I hope everyone gets what they want!! Happy happy.....:mickey: