PDA

View Full Version : Got a phone call from WDW executive offices...

Here we go again...
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
This weekend I received a phone call from Maria at WDW executive offices letting me know that they received my email about the dining plan.
I sent an email a couple of weeks ago letting them know that I thought the value of the dining plan was lost when they took the tip off the plan. I did not mind losing the dessert or appetizer but I thought the choice should have been left to the customer. We should be able to choose if we want an appetizer or dessert... (I would rather have the dessert.)

Anyway, she left me her phone number to call her to discuss my thoughts. I just called and got her voice mail but hope to hear back from her.

For those of you that liked the plan before the change, let them know! It sounds like they are listening.

Seasonscraps
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I am glad to hear they are talking to guests about their concerns. Keep us posted!

kdsjjb
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Angel,

Can you give me the email address that you sent your concerns to?

I wouldlike to chime in on that topic as well.

Thanks

PirateLover
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Please let us know if she gets back and how the call goes. I recently wrote a handwritten letter to guest relations about the Country Bears Christmas layover... I think I'll also do one for this. I have the same opinions as you (although we tend to prefer appetizers to deserts).

goofysbabe
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I too would like to know that email address so I can voice my concern. I think the more of us who do so they may think again!

cal5755
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
There is another thread here somwhere about this same subject. I also emailed and recieved a phone call thanking me for my input and concerns over the dining plan.... they do listen... and everyone who has concerns should definately email them. I am not sure where the other thread is but it has the site where you can email Disney there... I will see if I can find it for you guys!

cal5755
10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
GO HERE (https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs?id=ContactUsPage&bhcp=1)

If that worked lol.. that is the page I used to email them.

garymacd
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I just sent my email in. Hope it makes a difference.

dolphinmickey9170
10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I have also sent in a comment. I told them I would rather have seen the price go up $1 and stay as it was.

Here we go again...
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
GO HERE (https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs?id=ContactUsPage&bhcp=1)

If that worked lol.. that is the page I used to email them.

That is the same form I used. Thanks for posting it Cheryl... I got off work a little late today.
Anyway, send lots and lots of messages. I agree that I would pay a dollar more and keep things the same.
I will let you know if she calls back. :thumbsup:

azdisneymom
10-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I sent my email a few weeks ago. Glad to hear they are listening. I love Dinsey desserts but after a day of Dole Whips and Mickey Ice Cream Bars :blush: I would much rather have soup or salad. :eat:

magicman
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Two months ago I e-mailed WDW my complaints about the changes to the 2008 Dining Plan. Although I mentioned in the complaint that there was a reduction in the value of the 2008 plan vs. the current plan, the focus of the complaint was in not letting the customer/diner choose between an appetizer OR dessert (health reasons).

A few weeks later I got a call from an extremely nice Cast Member from Disney:mickey:. She wanted to hear my concerns.

When I asked her what prompted the changes, she said that customers had said that the existing Dining Plan included too much food (which I can understand).

She also said that they had received many, many complaints about the changes in the 2008 plan, and she would forward my comments to her superiors.

I'm not hoping for any major changes in the decision, but I do find it encouraging that they responded to my complaint and were receptive to the concerns. (I am hoping and :tink:WISHING for a future concession that would allow substituting an appetizer for the dessert.)

If you are unhappy with the changes, I would encourage you to contact WDW. They are listening.

The e-mail address is below. Also, don't forget to include your phone number in your message.
[email protected]

princessjojo
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I sent them my e-mail. I don't know that it will do me any good since our next trip is in 2008, but it would be nice to see some type of adjustment made to the plan before we leave.

brogan54
10-31-2007, 07:04 PM
i too have sent an email i will let you know what comes of it thanks for the link:number1:

adamsfam5
10-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I, too, sent an email about a month or so (whenever the new plan changes came out). A couple weeks after my email I got a call from a CM. We talked for a while. From the conversation, it sounded like the 2008 plan was set in stone, but 2009 might have a few changes. I told her even a few stones crack and I hoped there would be changes before 2009 :thumbsup:.

If they want to make a change and cut their cost, then please give me the choice of either a dessert or an appetizer. We don't need all the food (but we enjoy it), but I'd like to make the decision rather than Disney tell me that I need a dessert.

The CM told me a couple times that they were told by visitors that they wanted the tip not included -- they wanted the decision on how much to tip. I told her that was ridiculous and I could tip more than the 18% if I felt like it and there was nothing that says I cannot. However, the tip on my Narcooses meal would be much more than the $1 I'm saving on the 2008 plan.:mad:

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I just received a phone call from Disney Executive Office. I spoke with Alexis, a very nice, sweet voiced CM. She thanked me for emailing them with my concerns regarding the DDP. She explained that there has been a large amount of feedback from guests and they are compiling all of our feedback and forwarding everything to the DDP executives. They do not foresee a change in the nearest future, however, they are talking about changes down the road. It seems most everyone has had the same complaint. Why not allow the choice of an appetizer or dessert, put the gratuity back in and put the price back to what it was. People actually had complained that the DDP was too much food, that is why they changed the plan to no longer include the appetizer. She hoped we would be returning to WDW in the near future and use the DDP, but if we didn't, she truly understands why.

I was extremely impressed to personally receive a call from the executive offices. It was too funny when the caller ID said Disney MGM Studios. I couldn't imagine what I was getting a call from them for.

Too much food or not, it was well worth the money for our family.

Let's all hope and pray for a change in the near future. I will be using the DDP either way, as it is extremely convenient to not have to worry about having enough money at the end of the trip. I know at the beginning how much food will cost. I really like that. No worries (Hakuna Matata)!

Goes4FastPass
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Does ANYone believe the DIsney Company changed the DDP "because our guest said i was too much food"?

Funny, they're not worried about the Premium Dining Plan being too much food.

Can they simply say, "We adjusted the plan to lower our costs and increase profit." Jiminy Cricket should remind them honesty is the best policy.

SgtTigger
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Can they simply say, "We adjusted the plan to lower our costs and increase profit." Jiminy Cricket should remind them honesty is the best policy.

Let your conscience be your guide
Let your conscience be your guide

:D

:cop: :tigger:

poeticeclipse
11-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Does ANYone believe the DIsney Company changed the DDP "because our guest said i was too much food"?

Funny, they're not worried about the Premium Dining Plan being too much food.

I'm totally with you on this one! They have a way of pulling the wool over guests eyes. And as for not having a choice between "appy and dessert" well.. that's easy. Dessert keeps longer than appetizers. They are quicker to fix (how hard is a few scoops of ice cream and a cherry) and probably is way cheaper for them to make. Disney really screwed the pooch with this one.

Jared
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Angel, have you spoken to Maria yet? I'm curious to hear about your conversation.

Anyway, I hope these changes lead to the eventual demise of the Disney Dining Plan. Restaurant quality has mysteriously declined in the last few years, especially with menu offerings at both table and counter service eateries. It's not a coincidence Flame Tree Barbeque no longer offers ribs and the steak size at Le Cellier shrinks every year.

poeticeclipse
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
I sent a very very long e-mail to the address given above. In about 3 hours I had what i'm guessing was a "pre-typed" message sent to my e-mail. They said that someone will contact me if it was necessary. I hope they do. I was very honest in my opinions and would love to share my ideas for the future of the DDP.

laprana
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I finally just sent an e-mail expressing my disappointment with the new dining plan. I had debated about sending the message for months, because I didn't really think it would do any good. But, it seems like maybe Disney is really taking these complaints into consideration. I don't know if my e-mail will make a different at all or not, but it's worth a shot! Hopefully, if enough people show their concern over the new plan, they'll do something about it! Personally, I would have much rather seen them increase the price a few bucks and keep it the way it was. They reduced the cost by $1 per person per day...whoopdee doo. That will save my family $4 per day, but with the changes to the plan, we would have to spend about $50 per day out of pocket to pay for appetizers and tip. Wow! What a savings with that reduced price! We come out BEHIND $46 every day! The more I look at it, the more I realize that the DDP is just not worth it anymore.:mad:

sleepingbooty
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I also received a call from Disney! Bummer I wasn't home to receive it, but I saved the message on my answering machine. I'd sent an email stating my complaint about the changes for next year, but also about the lack of choices for children. Some CS restaurants only have TWO choices! Its good to know that they are listening and responding to our opinions. I realize that any future changes they make will obviously be to the good of the company - but answering an email complaint with a personal phone call is just another example of the Disney Company's commitment to customer service:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
...but answering an email complaint with a personal phone call is just another example of the Disney Company's commitment to customer service:thumbsup:

I agree but I think actually changing something as a result of customer complaints would be a better example.

jszczur5
01-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Given that I was off the boards for a couple of months, I decided to scroll back and catch up on what I missed.
So, what happened as a result of all of these phone calls and e-mails? Judging by what I'm reading which is current, I'd say NOTHING.
The TS meal still includes only dessert, no appetizer, rather than choice of either - which seems to be the overwhelming concensus here, and the tip is still not included.
In fact, an automatic gratuity of 18% will be added to all parties of 8 or more, which is why my brother's family and my family may be dining at the same time, but on separate ADR's. I've already endured the last 2 trips with servers who knew they didn't have to earn their tip. (That being said, we had a number of EXCEPTIONAL servers equal to the number of mediocre/surly servers). With a party of 8, the 18% gratuity will be automatic, and therefore the supposed incentive will be gone again. If I'm paying the tip now, it will have to be earned.
So, to reiterate, what was Disney's follow-up on all of these e-mails and phone calls?
(Thanks to all who tried, by the way - unlike me, who just typed my displeasure to fellow Intercotees, rather than to Disney directly).

Here we go again...
01-06-2008, 05:21 AM
So, to reiterate, what was Disney's follow-up on all of these e-mails and phone calls?
Well, ummmm, nothing was done.
I wonder if they make those calls to pacify us or to let us know that they are really listening.
According to the person I spoke with, no matter how many complaints they received there would be no changes this year. They are trying to decide what to do next year.

Disneytravels
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Just to make it clear- Gratuties will automatically be added for parties of six or more- this includes if you have a family of 2 adults and 3 children and 1 infant- the infants still counts as that 6th person....
Most place are 8 now days(outside Disney) but Disney changed theirs to 6 more more for 2008.

DigitalDaredevil
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I appreciate the fact that Disney reads their mail. I rarely complain about the parks as any problems are usually dealt with immediately and correctly.
We had a bad experience at Restaurant Akershus in Norway/Epcot. It turned out our server went home and left us unattended to. The after several attempts to find our server, the manager came out and comped our meal. Needless to say, our server got a very big tip even though our meal was taken care of.
But I always remember for every trip, I type on something good that happened or about the service that exemplifies the Disney experience. We always hear the bad, but remember to let those CM's know that they are doing a good job and that they are appreciated.

Goes4FastPass
01-07-2008, 11:46 AM
I think we've heard at least this year's final answer from WDW: No Changes.

I still believe while many of us seem to think the WDW decision makers sit around and wonder how to make our visit more 'magical' what they're really doing is discussing how to increase profit while minimizing negative customer reaction.

If, at the end of 2008, fewer guests purchase the DDP , WDW bean counters will consider whether the program changes adversly effected sales but, if fewer guests purchase the DDP and DDP profit increases then the plan changes could only be considered a success.

Many people on this board have been going to WDW regularly for years. We've seen subtle and not so subtle ways WDW has edged prices up while offering less. Remember the Character Caravan? They discontinued morning EMH and replaced it with characters on a bus visiting the resorts. People complained and it adversly affected resort bookings. Today, morning EMH is back.

Park Hopping and Never Expire used to be standard features of multi-day tickets. WDW made them additional costs and called it... Magic Your Way.

Disney diners reminisce about peeled shrimp at o'Hana and beef brisket... then beef stew... now no beef at Whispering Canyon. They charge more and offer less and we still mark our calendars to make ADRs 180 days in advance.

I guess the way to get on the best end of all of this is... buy stock in the Walt Disney Company.

BigRedDad
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I am glad they got back to you. I also agree the change makes this far less cost efficient for we the customers. The best way to handle this situation is by emailing them and NOT purchasing the dining plan. Most likely, the only way they will really see this is if there is a drastic down-turn in revenue from it. The people that will really pay the price is the wait staff when people stop tipping, thinking it is part of the plan.

DisneyAndRedSox
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Park Hopping and Never Expire used to be standard features of multi-day tickets. WDW made them additional costs and called it... Magic Your Way.

You forgot my least favorite change, you could renew an Annual Pass and its effective date was the next time you visited the park. Now it renews immediately after the expiration. For my family a renewal is no savings!

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Disney really screwed the pooch with this one.

OMG, I'm laughing so hard right now!!

I haven't heard that in AGES. Stacey, you and I must be the same age because I used that endlessly in high school, plus we're both from Mich.

Gosh, thanks for the laugh, I needed it :D

robemcdo
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Two Issues:

My brother landed Jan 1st and had no clue that he wasn't getting appetizer or had to pay the tip...and he really didn't have the means to pay the extra fee that he hadn't budgeted for.

He looked at the info in August when he booked and he printed out the literature of the disney site on Dec 31st, the day before he left. No one at checkin mentioned it to him...we were literally ordering dinner when it was brought to his attention. It was a black cloud over the whole trip. Inexcusable in my opinion.

2nd Issue:

The new plan...is simply not worth it. Family of 4 can eat a mediocre supper and a burger and fries for much less the the 180 a day disney is now charging. Throw in the inconvenience of having to carry cash, plus the wrench dining at these places throws into your day, I'll never get it again

Say hello to Papa John...

jszczur5
01-09-2008, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=robemcdo;1512243]

The new plan...is simply not worth it. QUOTE]

I have to say that I agree. Unless you get the DDP as part of a Free Dining promotion, then it really isn't worth it anymore. If you have your own vehicle, there are a myriad of dining options 10 minutes outside Disney's gates, offering comparable food, with better service at better prices. $65 for Olive Garden plus tip, with leftovers - not bad.

disneynarula
01-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Where do you send an email to?

garymacd
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
So, what happened as a result of all of these phone calls and e-mails? Judging by what I'm reading which is current, I'd say NOTHING.

I really don't think they could change a plan shortly after it was announced and put in place. They would have an entirely new riot on their hands if they did that. This time from those who had already purchased the plan for their trip this year.

Let's wait and see what happens next year. If it doesn't change, well, we'll know that all the emails and letters we sent and all the phone calls Disney made back to us were nothing more than an exercise in futility for us and a PR ploy for them.

And remember: if you don't like the plan, don't buy it. They will get the message.

Terk24
01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
i also like how they push the character meals on the DDP. This is a waste of money if you plan on doing many buffets. It is not worth the price. I tired telling a friend this which fell upon deaf ears.,

scootch713
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the link. I used it to email about my bed situation. I take my daughters by myself(dh is not a disney kinda guy)... and they will NOT let me book a king room. The kids in an unusual environment dont' want to sleep by themselves and there is no way we can all sleep in a double. Nov 2007, I layed with them till they slept, then in the middle of the night, my youngest woke up, stood up and flipped off the bed splitting open her lip.

ok, rambling here, has nothing to do with dining, haha... but wanted to say thanks for the link. :)

BEGEATER
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
When I was making reservations I was told by rep depending on restaurant, we will be given option to have either an ap or dessert. I sure hope this is true, we don't want desserts!!! Anyone else heard this?

jszczur5
01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
When I was making reservations I was told by rep depending on restaurant, we will be given option to have either an ap or dessert. I sure hope this is true, we don't want desserts!!! Anyone else heard this?

Did he/she give you an indication of which restaurants were offering the choice? This is the first I have heard of this (on any of the boards). It would be a nice conciliatory move on the part of Disney if it were true. Sort of like, "OK, we goofed on this, but we are listening, so here's a compromise".