PDA

View Full Version : Park Maps

Figgyluv03
10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I was logging on my disney Vacation page on the Disney's website and I see that you can order the park maps. My question is, DBf will be 32 when we go and it's his first time. He's starting to get into it, but not really. Do you think it would be cute if I ordered the park Maps for him, and put all the big attractions on it, so he can start getting ideas of what rides he wants to go on, or do you think it's a bit too corny for him?

King Triton
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Sure! Do it!

After all its free, and definitely not corny.

KAJUNKING
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
im 32 and i would love it if my wife did that for me :mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, you really need to do them....they are very, very nice.....you won't want to use them in the parks, just get the normal ones at the entrance.....keep those personalized ones as momento's.....I'm sure he's acting like he's "so, so" about going, but I'll bet he's way more into it than he's letting on, and once he's there, he'll be like a kid in a candy store....:mickey:

TBY2225
10-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, order them! They are really nice and good keepsake even if you don't want to use them on the trip. My DD wants me to get another set in a few months and frame them!

vamaggie
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Definately get them. We got them when we started to plan our trip. We kept all the attractions/rides on it so we could see all there was. They are REALLY NICE, look almost like an old time map/treasure map. I even ordered a second set (after the 6 mos had passed) so we can frame them when our trip is over (they come with 2 parks on one--back to back). Go for it!

browneyedgirl12
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
:offtopic: Where do you find these maps. I searched on the Disney World website and got 500 results for personalized maps. I still can't find them. Any help would be very appreciated. I'd like to order these before I go on my trip in '08 :mickey:

BMan62
10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
:offtopic: Where do you find these maps. I searched on the Disney World website and got 500 results for personalized maps. I still can't find them. Any help would be very appreciated. I'd like to order these before I go on my trip in '08 :mickey:

Go to "My Disney Vacation" from the main WDW page and select "Customized Maps." You may need to login first. I have my browser to automatically login whenever I go to the site.

BugeyedMuggy
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
These maps are beautiful I've actually framed one of mine.:cloud9:

browneyedgirl12
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Go to "My Disney Vacation" from the main WDW page and select "Customized Maps." You may need to login first. I have my browser to automatically login whenever I go to the site.

Thank you :mickey:

Figgyluv03
10-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I have a set of my own, but not sure what happened to them when I redid my room back in April and they were really nice. I just think it would be a nice little suprise for him before our trip and then he can add his own imput into what rides he would like to go on and get an idea of how the parks are set up.

Tygger7
10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Another vote to do the maps. I ordered a set and will be ordering another set before our trip, as 6 months will have passed. They are beautiful and look like old parchment treasure maps. Even if you don't use them for planning, I'm sure he'll enjoy looking at them. :thumbsup:

Von-Drake
10-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I say go ahead and I quote Walt himself:
"All right. I'm corny. But I think there's just about a-hundred-and-forty-million people in this country that are just as corny as I am." ----Walt Disney---- "

One of my favorite quotes of his.