PDA

View Full Version : What type of Resort would you design?

LauraSAnne
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
If you had the ability to have Disney create any type of Resort on property, what would it be like? What would the theme be? What special highlights might it feature?

I would have them create a Roaring 20's Resort all decked out in Art Deco style. It would feature a "Show Restaurant" set up like a glamorous dance club with the dining tables situated around the dance floor and stage. It would have a live jazz/swing band which people would be welcomed to dance to, and then throughout the night, there would be small performances--maybe like Jessica Rabbit performing; things like that. The room buildings could be fashioned to look like city buildings of the period...almost a feel like Disney Studios. The quick-service eateries could be made to look like diners of the period. I'd LOVE a resort like that!

teambricker04
10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Funny... I was thinking 40's and swing. Near MGM studios. Make it galmorous and vintage. Somewhere nice to eat and a dance club.

ibrowse17
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I would go for an Irish or Scotland theme. That would cool in my mind:thumbsup:

wedway76
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I would have them create a Roaring 20's Resort all decked out in Art Deco style.

Funny... I was thinking 40's and swing.

Actually the unfinished part of the Pop Century is supposed to have a 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940's section. I know it’s not to the scale that you guys are talking about but if they ever are finished they would be redundant.

BigRedDad
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
You have the islands (CBR, PR), you have contemporary (CR,BWI), you have Mayan/southwestern (CS), you have glamorous (GF/Boardwalk), northeastern (YC/BC), African (AKL), northwestern (WL), decades (POP), sports/movies/music (ASRs).

If it were me, I would go all out with something that has never been done before and something WDW could do rather easily. It would be one of two things.

1. Underground caves: They could make the entire resort seam like it is an underground cave with stalagmites and stalagtites, all types of different crystals and what not. Kiddie areas could be play grounds where they can dig for fossils, gems, etc.

2. Space: Imagine different buildings for different things. Like a building for the moon, a building for a space station.

4myprincesses
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I have always been fond of the original concept art for the Asian resort that was to have been with the other MK resorts. I can almost picture the interior in my head...simplistic lines, water features, Asian prints, appropriate greenscape, and amazing art. I'd stay there!

LauraSAnne
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Ooo! An Asian Resort WOULD be cool!

BronxTigger
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Every time my brother comes to visit me here in the Bronx he gets inspired for Disney to create a new resort. The theme would be South Bronx and the motto would be "all the grime without the crime!" Buildings would be designed to look like pre-war apartments with fire escapes and brick exteriors. The children's playground would include spraying fire hydrants. Quick service restaurants would include a deli and a pizzeria. :pizza:

tiaramom
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
The Asian Theme Sounds So Nice
They Could Have A Meditation Garden With Yoga For Families.
They Could Offer An Amazing Spa With Bathes For Families Also- Not Jsut Adults.
Under Water Restaurant - Like Coral Reef
But Better Quality!
Boating-
Asian Inspired Art Classes
Mulan And Company Themed Character Diners.
Rooms Could Be Soft Colors And Perhaps Futons...
Reds Could Wrap The Outside With Colors Of Gold And Stautus. Water Falls All Over The Resort.
Bamboo Bridges- Indoor Outdoor Eating With Geisha Girl Dancers And Asian Dancers. An Amazing Gift Shop.
Chimes Through Out The Resort
A Vegeterian Eatery. A Bird Santuary.
I Also Am A Fan Of Asian Resort Ideas...
As You Can See

wedway76
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Every time my brother comes to visit me here in the Bronx he gets inspired for Disney to create a new resort. The theme would be South Bronx and the motto would be "all the grime without the crime!" Buildings would be designed to look like pre-war apartments with fire escapes and brick exteriors. The children's playground would include spraying fire hydrants. Quick service restaurants would include a deli and a pizzeria. :pizza:

Great idea! The pool area could be called Orchard Beach!

The hard part would be making really good pizza! And, of course, thin crust or thick?

You don’t ask for thin or thick crust on Arthur Avenue, you say Regular or Sicilian.

garymacd
10-29-2007, 05:51 PM

I love that idea! I have never been to the Bronx, but have spent a lot of time in Manhattan. Theming would be a snap for Disney. The hard part would be making really good pizza! And, of course, thin crust or thick?

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I would LOVE Disney to design a hotel relating to THE TOWER OF TERROR!!!!!!!!!!! It would look awesome.:thumbsup:

DDuck66
10-30-2007, 09:11 AM
For me, it would be a Star Wars Resort. You could have different star ships at each wing of the resort, and the check in area would be like the Cantina Scene in the original movie along with the band. Just think of all the uses you could have the droids as far as theming would go.

Kuzco
10-30-2007, 05:00 PM
An Asian resort would be awesome. Now the next question WHERE would you build it?

I think the perfect area for a resort would be along the monorail in the middle of the 4 mile stretch between MK and Epcot. Would be cool to be able to hop on monorail in morning and go to either park.

LibertyTreeGal
10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Every time this question gets asked I always answer Asian, I would love it :mickey: I might never leave the gardens....

DessertDivaFL
10-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I would like to see a "green" resort where they used the latest recycling techniques, used environmentally friendly materials and used less water and electricity. I think it would be a great education and I think people would feel better staying at a resort that did that. I would certainly like to learn more about it.

wedway76
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I would like to see a "green" resort where they used the latest recycling techniques, used environmentally friendly materials and used less water and electricity. I think it would be a great education and I think people would feel better staying at a resort that did that. I would certainly like to learn more about it.

I thought the same thing on Sunday night when I was ABC/Disney's "Extreme Makeover, Home Edition" (plug). They did a green self sufficient home for a Native American family. I thought that would be a GREAT idea for a Disney Resort!

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Great idea! The pool area could be called Orchard Beach!

You don’t ask for thin or thick crust on Arthur Avenue, you say Regular or Sicilian.
LOL! In my neighborhood (not da Bronx) we say triangle or square.

Actually ANY resort of ANY theme that Disney builds should incorporate the factors that you mention. I wouldn't doubt that they would want to have all their new construction meet the requirements for LEED certification (LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) as developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. A few months ago, Disney announced that it would be incorporating more recycling into their resort operations.

As for me, I'd like a pirate-themed resort. Asian would be nice too though.

Disneyatic
10-31-2007, 03:51 PM
A pirate themed resort would be great!
I was thinking an underwater/under the sea themed resort. Something like the lost city of Atlantis with cool and soothing colors...lots of fountains and colored glass.

PirateLover
11-01-2007, 01:03 AM
I would have them create a Roaring 20's Resort all decked out in Art Deco style.
:mickey: I love this era as well. I was a flapper for Halloween.

Actually the unfinished part of the Pop Century is supposed to have a 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940's section. I know it’s not to the scale that you guys are talking about but if they ever are finished they would be redundant.
It's looking more and more like that's not going to happen, they will keep the theming of the current buildings and create family suites, so the rumor goes.

I would LOVE Disney to design a hotel relating to THE TOWER OF TERROR!!!!!!!!!!! It would look awesome.:thumbsup:
YES YES YES!!! And this could be the 1920s theme considering that is the era the ride is set in. All the music from the queue is 20s jazz. You could have the Tip Top club. I think it would be great:thumbsup:

beksy
11-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I like the idea of the pirates resort and underwater themes, but I would love to see something dealing with the more classic Disney characters. I was thinking that one of the buildings could have a Mickey's house theme, one could have Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. Then there could be a Pooh and Friends building designed like the 100 acre woods, and a Princess building like a castle with some of the ideas in the Cinderella suite but to a lesser and less expensive degree. I love the originals and think that this would be great, especially for families. You could have a pool with Mickey's head, one with a honeypot design, dogbone design, etc. to go with each building, and of course character meals! The main building could be dedicated to Walt and showcase his work and the different films that the characters are featured in. Each night a different movie could be played on a giant movie screen with popcorn! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
If you had the ability to have Disney create any type of Resort on property, what would it be like? What would the theme be? What special highlights might it feature?

I would have them create a Roaring 20's Resort all decked out in Art Deco style. It would feature a "Show Restaurant" set up like a glamorous dance club with the dining tables situated around the dance floor and stage. It would have a live jazz/swing band which people would be welcomed to dance to, and then throughout the night, there would be small performances--maybe like Jessica Rabbit performing; things like that. The room buildings could be fashioned to look like city buildings of the period...almost a feel like Disney Studios. The quick-service eateries could be made to look like diners of the period. I'd LOVE a resort like that! :pilgram2: You know I could see an Asian hotel with buildings named for the different Asian countries like China, japan, Thailand etc...but even better what about a European themed hotel kind of like World Showcase. You would have a United Kingdom building, an Italian building, a French building, a German building, etc...and each building could have a theme based on the Disney characters from that country like Snow White for Germany, Beauty and the Beast for France. The themes would be whimsical, classic disney. You could have a buffet style restaurant with pods for each regional cuisine....and of course, it would probably make since to locate it near Epcot. Pools could be cool too, think of a Scottish based loch pool complete with the monster or keep on theme of characters, have Sleeping Beauty's pool surrounded by the thorny forrest. There are so few moderate resorts that it would be nice to be in that category or make them ultra fancy deluxe resorts.