PDA

View Full Version : PGA Tour Childrens Miracle Network: Anyone ever seen it?

EPCOT84
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
:golf: Each year the PGA Tour holds one of its Fall tournaments at the Magnolia and Palm Courses. For a few years it was called the Funai Classic. This year it is the "Children's Miracle Network presented by Wal-Mart". The practice rounds start this week with the tournament running from November 1 to November 4.

Up until last year it was on ABC. Like the various televised parades, it was a good way to get a Disney fix while watching the tournament. You could see the tops of the Poly in the background. I loved it when the guys would be putting and you hear the MK train whistle in the background. Just in general it was pleasant to watch for atmosphere. They'd have Mickey tee boxes, and Mickey hole markers, which made it cute. The trophy was Mickey, Donald and Goofy on the green. Of course they'd run some Disney promos here and there. I remember one when it was the last hole and Tiger was closing. The shadow of Mickey (from one of the hole marker signs) was on the green. How about that for a hidden Mickey. :mickey:

Sadly for me this year it is on the Golf Channel, not one the stations I have :cry:.

The question I'd like to ask is if anyone has been in the MK area at the time of one of these tournaments and what was it like?

Did anyone go to the event itself and how was that like?

vamaggie
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Never been but going Nov 1-6 this year. Would love to hear from someone who has been during this event in the past. Any chance to see golfers in and about? Where do they usually stay? Any input would be great.

EPCOT84
10-29-2007, 11:35 PM
To the forum moderators, thank you for moving the forum. I really was not sure where this topic goes since it does sort of fall into the other resort areas. I guess Mousellaneous is right.

I posted another related thread in The Locker Room about the tournament.

Vamaggie, hope you do a post trip report. Keep an eye out and let us know.