PDA

View Full Version : So question: Maliboomer

Disneyglamour
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Why exactly is there huge plastic shields in front of your face on the Maliboomer? Is there some sort of noise ordinance in that area?

Melanie
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Is there some sort of noise ordinance in that area?

You nailed it! :thumbsup:

*tinker_belle*
10-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Until recently, we always thought they were barf shields.

BrerGnat
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
It's mainly for the benefit of the guests at the Paradise Pier Hotel. It would be quite annoying to hear screaming all day from the hotel room (those facing the park are VERY close to the Maliboomer).

I'm not sure how much it's an "ordinance", because the roller coaster is right next to it ,and you can hear the people screaming on that as well as the coaster itself, so I think it's more of a courtesy thing for the hotel guests in the area.

MegaDisney
10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
The blue "tunnels" on Screamin' are also meant to sheild hotel guests from the noise also...

Disneyglamour
10-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys. I was just curious :mickey:

MegaDisney
10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
If the Maliboomer is in fact being removed as part of the remodel of the pier, I am gonna miss it.

Who remembers Lori's Mailiphobia! :mickey:

wendybird
11-03-2007, 01:31 AM
As gross as it sounds, I thought it was for the kids that like to 'spit" on folks. This has been known to be a common occurance at other theme parks. I've seen spitting years ago from ride that was those buckets on the wire at DL (sorry, can't remember it's name).

brownie
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
As gross as it sounds, I thought it was for the kids that like to 'spit" on folks. This has been known to be a common occurance at other theme parks. I've seen spitting years ago from ride that was those buckets on the wire at DL (sorry, can't remember it's name).

That's what I thought, too.