PDA

View Full Version : There should be a Mary Poppins Attraction

wedway76
10-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Disney now has a Mary Poppins show on Broadway. The TV commercials look great. I was just wondering why there isn't a Poppins ride/attraction in WDW?

It is almost as Classic Disney as you can get!

Does anyone else feel that Mary P should be represented in WDW?

Marker
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
I think that would be a great idea. So many possibilities, a stage show, a new dark ride. Nothing too scary or thrilling, but something charming and sweet to fit the feel of the movie.

A classic Live Action Disney film, seems like a natural fit for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Something Bedknobs and Broomsticks themed could be a bit darker, ghostly soldiers, etc.

Mickey052501
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Wow, I have always felt that Mary Poppins would be the coolest ride ever. Maybe you should write the imagineers with your ideas.

Jen

SallyfromDE
10-28-2007, 12:42 PM
We caught Mary as we were coming out the BBB. How exciting that she invited Kirsta to ride the carousel with her. They did it twice before Mary went to her meet and greet.

IloveDisney71
10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I would love to see a Mary Poppins ride. I think Disney Studios would be a great place to add a ride or attraction for Mary Poppins.

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I think that if they could figure out a way to simulate hanging onto the handle of an umbrella that you could have a jolly holiday cruising through scenes from the movie. Over the rooftops as the chimney sweeps dance, between the carousel horses as they race, dodging kites in the park, or cannonballs as they blow past the Banks' house.

Unfortunately, when was the last time Disney made a ride about a movie that was already 40 years old.....

mickey&missy
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I 100% agree!

I think the part where they jump into the sidewalk chalk art would make a wonderful, magical ride!!!

Of course, I also think a few other moves need a ride. For 1, I really think they should revamp the speedway into something for Cars. Especially now that their doing the whole Cars area at California Adventure.

kbean
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I totally agree on this. It would be perfect for a dark ride. There are enough different scenes that could be easily incorporated into a ride.

wedway76
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Do you remember the fantasy scene where the carousel horses travel around? How about something like that? You probably can’t have people sit on the back of a fiberglass horses but how about some kind of car that resembles a carousel horse that floats around?

Unfortunately, when was the last time Disney made a ride about a movie that was already 40 years old.....

Good point! They might be able to pull it off with some sort of re-release or revival.

MPoppins
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I totally agree that Mary Poppins would make a fantastic attraction! That would be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (I couldn't resist!) :)

mickeys_princess_mom
10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you remember the fantasy scene where the carousel horses travel around? How about something like that? .
Here! Here! I've always thought this would be a great idea! What a "jolly holiday" it would be!

Christine
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I totally agree! I would think the sky would be the limit on what could be done with that!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-29-2007, 09:45 AM
QUOTE=wedway76;1459704]Disney now has a Mary Poppins show on Broadway. The TV commercials look great. I was just wondering why there isn't a Poppins ride/attraction in WDW?

It is almost as Classic Disney as you can get!

Does anyone else feel that Mary P should be represented in WDW?[/QUOTE]
:pixie: Although I do think a Mary Poppins Ride would be really cool, I think that MGM's Great Movie Ride does have MP featured at one point.

Goofy Dad 13
10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
We want Mary!!! We wnat Mary!!! We want Mary!!!

If we all chant loud enough, maybe they will add something.

dog-ears
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, all together now: We want Mary!!! We wnat Mary!!! We want Mary!!!

LOL, I have always thought Mary & co have been very under-represented in WDW ... there might be more merchandise now based on the musical but I've never understood why there wasn't more .... after all, she's practically perfect in every way!

dteed
10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I love Mary Poppins and there should be something. A dark ride similar to Snow White riding around in a carpetbag or umbrella would be nice.

LizLovesDiz
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
What a great idea!It's great to see some part of it on the great movie ride,but there should be an attraction just for MP!!! :thumbsup::mickey:

jsw123
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I totally agree! It's funny, because we introduced our DD3 to Mary Poppins before we went to Disney World in July. We went to the Princess lunch at Akershus and she was one of the possible 'princesses.' I rented the movie, not wanting her to be disappointed. Little did I know---she LOVED Mary Poppins in the movie! She was not at Akershus, BUT, my DD was invited to ride the carousel with her in Fantasy Land.:cloud9: How great! Mary Poppins is timeless, obviously!:mickey:

Goofy Pluto
10-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Sure, why not? I'd like to see it.

Samtastic
10-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Let's not forget she is included in the Great Movie Ride at MGM, oh excuse me, DHS.

Haunt1000
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
I have thought about this one for years. Its time Disney did something with Mary. I think a new type of dark ride is the way. Your ride car is either a colored beautiful umbrella or an elaborate carousel character both hanging from the ceiling on coaster tracks. Now I am not saying it would be fast, but it would be able to move quickly for the horse race scene and be able to climb high up, over rooftops like a coaster does. It would also spin around through programming or simple mechanics. It would tell the whole story and thrill all at the same time. Maybe even a quick flight over parts of MK outside. If only they would let me imagineer!

Anyway I think more Mary is the way, and I think Walt would agree!

kelly.garrett
11-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree. Mary is horribly underrepresented at Disney World. One small portion of the Great Movie Ride is not nearly enough Mary! Finding Mary merchandise is near impossible too.

She's my favorite Disney character. On my first trip, my dad and I spent over an hour stalking her to get a picture. Now if I could just find Bert, my life would be complete. :)

LibertyTreeGal
11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Now if I could just find Bert, my life would be complete. :)

Bert is a regular at Disneyland :)