PDA

View Full Version : Please help us with menus

Hammer
10-28-2007, 01:02 AM
We strive to provide you all with the most current information, but there is only so much the moderating staff can provide. For us to be able to give the most current information, we could use your help in obtaining menus. When you go to Disney try to get menus from the places you dine. If you do not want to carry menus or there isn't paper menus, take a picture of the menu and email it to us at [email protected].

Thanks,

The INTERCOT staff

McCloytrio
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I will try my best, we'll be at WDW 11-14 thru 11-23.

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I'll be there this month too, I'll see what I can do :) but I'm not a very good picture taker and so I don't promise they will be legible :blush:

Hammer
10-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone! This isn't a one shot deal, though. No matter when you are going to WDW, we still will want the menus. This is how other sites can continuously update their info.

ibrowse17
10-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Count on us as well:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
10-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi Christine -- I actually grabbed a couple when we were down -- I have the Brown Derby lunch menu and the Spoodles dinner menu -- I will scan and send them along.:mickey:

kakn7294
10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
How current do you want? I have some kids menus from several TS locations from August. It's frustrating how often they change some menus - you go expecting to get certain entrees and they're no longer on the menu but they were a month ago. Let me know if you want what I might have - possibly CRT dinner, Tony's dinner, Whispering Canyon dinner, Le Cellier dinner, and Mama's dinner. It depends on which ones DD brought home with her.

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
We'll be there in 45 days, so we'll surely get as many menus as we can. I have noticed we need some updates. So this should be fun. Are we still collecting food pix? I have a couple from August I don't know where to send. Thanks!

Hammer
10-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Please send all information to [email protected].

JPL
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Christine

It looks like I might be headed down solo in January for a conference so I will be able to get whatever we need at that point in time :thumbsup:

incredimellos
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
:mickey: We will be ther Nov. 3-10. I will do my best!!! Looking forward to helping.:)

angedeaile
10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Would you guys accept pictures of menus if they are clear or would you prefer them in a word type format?

jpH/keD
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
We leave in 16 days!!! I'll send mine after Nov 24th!! :thumbsup:

BelleandtheBeast
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Such a great idea to take photos of the menus.

dmosher
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd love to see more updated pics of food available as well. I must admit, we always say we are going to take pics of our dishes but generally are so excited we start eating before we remember why the camera was sitting in the middle of the table waiting patiently for us.
:pipes:
D

katzctkpt
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
My DH picked up a menu from Tony's in MK from June 2007. I'm scanning and will email here shortly.

MuchLovedMama
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Just a suggestion, I think it would help if the menus listed on the site showed a date that the menu was last updated because when I was trying to figure out where we wanted to make reservations this year I wasn't sure how current the menus were so I looked outside of this website as well & I found many differences so I think that would really help. :thumbsup:

Figment!
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Just a suggestion, I think it would help if the menus listed on the site showed a date that the menu was last updated because when I was trying to figure out where we wanted to make reservations this year I wasn't sure how current the menus were so I looked outside of this website as well & I found many differences so I think that would really help. :thumbsup: Print dates are listed at the bottom of most menus. :)

Please keep in mind, that no menu posted on-line is a guaranteed listing of exact food items that will be served when you dine at the location. The Walt Disney World Resort reserves the right to vary food item offerings on a day to day or even serving to serving basis.

All on-line menus should only be used to gauge a general cuisine and price range at a specific dining location.

If the presence or absence of specific items would effect you choosing to dine at a location, you would be best served to contact the restaurant directly close to your vacation dates.

MuchLovedMama
04-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Print dates are listed at the bottom of most menus. :)

Please keep in mind, that no menu posted on-line is a guaranteed listing of exact food items that will be served when you dine at the location. The Walt Disney World Resort reserves the right to vary food item offerings on a day to day or even serving to serving basis.

All on-line menus should only be used to gauge a general cuisine and price range at a specific dining location.

If the presence or absence of specific items would effect you choosing to dine at a location, you would be best served to contact the restaurant directly close to your vacation dates.

Hmmm...I must be overlooking the dates or something because after randomly selecting about 12-15 I only saw a date on one of them.

I totally understand that they change frequently but I like to at least see 2 or 3 items that would please most of our 8 person party so hopefully at least 1 item or a similiar item would be available when we go. When I started looking at the menus a few weeks back though I kept thinking to myself are these recent or are these from several years ago If I knew they were somewhat recent I would like to think that some of it would be the same but if they were posted on here 4 years ago or so then I would know to probably not even consider the menus.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying. I'm not trying to be negative by any means I just thought it would help if they had some like:

Last updated on 3/17/08 (or 4/9/04)

The date would just help me personally a little bit.

Figment!
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not trying to be negative by any means I just thought it would help...Not at all, the Staff is always open to constructive criticism to help improve the site to become an even better tool for planning a Disney vacation. :mickey:

A more pronounced date listing is something we will certainly consider as we go through the processes of revising and updating our Menu section.

For future reference (for anyone with suggestions), it is most efficient to send suggestions on how the site could be improved to [email protected].

From there, the comments will be forwarded to the appropriate members of Management who oversee the area of the site the suggestion is being made for.

Minnie Imagineer
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
The waitress at Cinderella's Royal Table gave me a dinner menu to take home on our last vacation this spring! Do you have it or should I scan it to you?

Queen Stephanie
07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
You are so lucky!!!:yay:

Minnie Imagineer
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM
It's really pretty! Next time you go, when the waitress comes, just be looking at the menu like it's amazing! Thats what I did but without the intention that she'd let me keep it! :D Our waitress was very nice! One of the best waitresses I've ever experienced. She said she was about 40 years old and has been working their since college!
I wonder what other menus I can get...haha :mickey:

wendy*darling
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
The waitress at Cinderella's Royal Table gave me a dinner menu to take home on our last vacation this spring! Do you have it or should I scan it to you?

Yes! We do not have a 2008 Dinner menu from CRT. If you could scan it- that would be terrific! :princess:

You can email it to us at: [email protected]

If you ask at just about all the TS restaurants, they will usually give you a menu to take home.

And that's exactly how we can keep the menus here on Intercot up to date! :mickey:

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes! We do not have a 2008 Dinner menu from CRT. If you could scan it- that would be terrific!

Ok! I am at the shore right now but I might be home in about a week or so (thats where my menu is). I'll try to get it as quickly as possible to help out!
:eat:

tiggerandpooh63
08-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Where are the menus posted??:confused:

MuchLovedMama
08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Where are the menus posted??:confused:

Click on info central at the top & then in the left column you will see "menus".

tiggerandpooh63
08-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Thank you!:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
08-25-2008, 12:52 AM
I took some pictures of menus from our trip two weeks ago. I believe that I have Kona Cafe lunch and perhaps dinner as well. I also have California Grill and some others. Would you like me to email them to you. I also have food pics. Does intercot still need them?

Melanie
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I took some pictures of menus from our trip two weeks ago. I believe that I have Kona Cafe lunch and perhaps dinner as well. I also have California Grill and some others. Would you like me to email them to you. I also have food pics. Does intercot still need them?

Yes, please! We always welcome updated menus. Please email to [email protected].

MsMin
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I sent a bunch in April... Nobody acknowledged receiving them.

PittFan
09-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Just returned yesterday , I have menus from Le Cellier ( including the DDP with Appy option), Mama Melrose, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining and Cosmic Ray's. I'll try to get them to you today. :mickey:

henry.james.s
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
How long does it take to update the menus? I sent copies of California Grill & Flying Fish menus from the 1st week in April twice and nothing has been changed.
I don't have them any longer and I won't have new ones till my December trip.
The menus listed have got to be several years old.

henry.james.s
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Lots of good stuff for sure but several of the menus are very outdated and need attention. It may cause problems for folks trying to figure out a dining budget.
I've sent menus in more than once and none were updated..I'll try again after my December trip.

PittFan
10-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Lots of good stuff for sure but several of the menus are very outdated and need attention. It may cause problems for folks trying to figure out a dining budget.
I've sent menus in more than once and none were updated..I'll try again after my December trip.

I sent new menus when I returned in September as well. I guess they just haven't gotten around to updating them yet.

henry.james.s
10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I sent new menus when I returned in September as well. I guess they just haven't gotten around to updating them yet.

I sent my last batch in April.

Figment!
10-20-2008, 07:00 PM
I can assure you that the Staff is very grateful for all contributions to info Central and they will be incorporated as soon as it is feasible. INTERCOT info Central is physically updated by one person and they do have real world commitments that force them to prioritize how soon things get updated. Historically, items like park schedules, special event details, refurbishments, and major dining changes have taken priority in getting updated prior to minor changes in menu price or menu offerings.

Comments about out-dated content in info Central would be most effective sent to [email protected]. Those who have access to update that portion of the site are more likely to receive comments at that e-mail address, than they are to read comments in a post on the message board.

PittFan
10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
INTERCOT info Central is physically updated by one person and they do have real world commitments that force them to prioritize how soon things get updated. Historically, items like park schedules, special event details, refurbishments, and major dining changes have taken priority in getting updated prior to minor changes in menu price or menu offerings.

My post was not meant to be taken in a negative context.
:sorry: if it came off that way. :rocks:

henry.james.s
10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Geez I didn't mean to offend.

:humph:
I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Figment!
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
No offense taken and nothing taken in a negative way. :mickey: ... just explaining the circumstance that may have lead to menu submissions not being updated in what some may perceive as a timely manner and pointing out how to best express concerns of information not being up-to-date.

The Staff values and welcomes all concerns of our Guests and strives to address them to build a better Vacation Planning community. :)

katzctkpt
01-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I have several menus from our Dec 08 - Jan 09 trip and am in the process of scanning those and emailing them over the next few days.

Can anyone tell me how current the menu for Olivia's is on info central?

crltkcagle
02-04-2009, 09:47 AM
When I go in May I will take pictures for you;)

TheVBs
02-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I was just looking for some dining info on the WDW website and noticed they have links to menus for some of the restaurants. I was even able to print them! Hope this is helpful.

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Just emailed a few to you :mickey: