PDA

View Full Version : New Years Crowds?

azdisneymom
10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Since New Years Eve is a Monday I was wondering when people start heading home. Do they stay through the weekend or do crowds start going down right away?

Speedy1998
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I think people start leaving on the second, but I would give it at least till the next weekend if you are looking to avoid the crowds.

MouseHead
10-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I am taking DD & her family from Jan 1-7....I have never gone down during this time-frame...Have been there Dec 26-30 & it was pretty crowded :( ..... is there any pattern [by history] to this particular week? Any input would be appreciated :thumbsup:

DisneyFan1979
10-27-2007, 10:59 PM
We've arrived on either 12/30 or 1/1 the past 3 years and stayed until 1/4 or 1/8. Crowds start to die down on the 1/2. However, more and more families seem not to care if their kids miss school - so I wouldn't say that the crowds completely disappear the day school vacation ends.

You will, however, notice a big difference between New Year's Eve crowds (it's completely packed!) and crowds the rest of the week.

Speedy1998
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I am taking DD & her family from Jan 1-7....I have never gone down during this time-frame...Have been there Dec 26-30 & it was pretty crowded :( ..... is there any pattern [by history] to this particular week? Any input would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Yep, the week between Christmas and New Years is usually the first or second most crowded week of the year. The other week that it competes with for most crowded week is the week of July 4th.

McCloytrio
10-28-2007, 01:45 AM
We were there 12-27-06 thru 1-8-07 and it was really crowded until Jan. 2nd and then it began to really clear out. Since it was holiday hours we took advantage of the EMH and the parks late nights and stayed until 1am most nights and one night we were at MK until 3am. On New Years Eve we were at Epcot until 2am. We slept late each morning when it was super crowded & when all the families were heading back to the resorts at noon we were just heading out.

azdisneymom
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
:thanks: I can always count on you folks for great info! :rocks:

dteed
10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
We were there for New Years last year. I will never go again, it was cool being there for the new year but even DTD was nuts.

squijee
10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
what are the chances of getting in mk around 11:00 pm on new year's eve:party::mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Since New Years Eve is a Monday I was wondering when people start heading home. Do they stay through the weekend or do crowds start going down right away?
Last New Year's we noticed the crowds started going down on the 3rd. The 2nd was almost as busy as New Year's Day.

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest time to go. Now that I have done it, I will never do it again. Just my :twocents:

what are the chances of getting in mk around 11:00 pm on new year's eve:party::mickey:
None. Period.

On Dec 31 2006 MK was closed before 11:00am. :eyes::jaw: Resort guests couldn't even get in. We went to MGM and it was a zoo as well. I couldn't image the crowds if the park was full to capacity.

Fallendroplet
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM

There is absolutely NO chance of getting into MK at 11pm on NYE :(. Last year (2006), MK reached it's maximum capacity before 7:00pm. They were not even allowing guests onto the monorail to MK from Epcot unless they had an annual pass. If you want to ring in the new year at MK, plan on getting there early and spending the entire day there.

RockChalkKimball
11-05-2007, 08:28 PM
The last time we went at that time, we left the parks on NYE late afternoon. We went back to the resort and had dinner in DTD. We were all in bed by 10:00 and avoided the craziness. We were up early and at MGM (oops! the Studios) at park opening. The park was really quiet on NYD until about noon. By that time, we had done all the good rides and then headed to a couple of shows.
We are waiting this year and not going until after Jan. 1st. We are hoping for lighter crowds, so could you all please stay home???

MinnieMommie
11-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I was at Disney last year with my family for New Years Eve and the first week of January. It was crowded all week. All week. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
. . . what are the chances of getting in mk around 11:00 pm on new year's eve:party . . .

1) Minuscule.
2) But, slightly better than
. . . enacting world peace by 2008
. . . putting an end to hunger by 2011
. . . stopping pork barrel spending by 2040

squijee
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Was DTD really crowded on nye too....